Current time: 17/06/2024, 19:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(22/07/2012 20:50)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 20:43)W179 SCU Wrote:  No problem, always happy to help - If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask me!

Most buses are refurbished, yes! Also, whatever you do, avoid the SPD's.

Funnily enough, I got so bored with Pointers being so ubiquitous across the country that I decided to largely shun them except for London bus changes or useful links elsewhere as long ago as 2003! I doubt I shall ride one as most useful Go North East single-deck routes use Solars, Renowns or Versas for example. While OmniCities look less inviting, they are quite spacious and comfortable in practice. I should therefore ride one on route 309.

You are also likely to get a Mercedes on the 309/310 as well!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I may have to box clever a bit to avoid a Mercedes on route 309 from Blyth to town. I was planning to ride Mercedes Citaros just on route 10 and Diamond on Saturday, and keep to other types in Gateshead/ Sunderland and Blyth. Touch'n'go whether I track down a Volvo B9TL on route X1 early next Thursday or Friday.
(22/07/2012 16:01)venturego Wrote:  Is it still correct that Lime Service 8/78 etc will receive Scania Omnicities from Red Kite/West Durham Swift. Red Kite to receive Citaros?! and West Durham Swift to be re branded with X9/X10 B7TLs. Also heard Venture V8 may become Lime Connect?!

Can anyone spread some light on the future of these services: Red Kite, West Durham Swift & Lime / Venture |V8
Venturego - We are just as clueless as you regarding these services.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
So does anyone know about liveries at Percy main?
(22/07/2012 20:26)Metroline1511 Wrote:  My final curiosity concerns Volvo B7RLE-Eclipses 4978-82. I gather they are at Winlaton for Toon Link services. I am due to catch route 49/a/b from Gateshead to Winlaton and catch Toon Link to Newcastle. I understand both sets of services feature dual-door Renowns, and as I can rode one on route 49/a/b I would prefer my Toon Link bus to be an Eclipse. Does any ToonLink route mainly see most Eclipses?
Winlaton's Eclipses are usually turned out on early morning Toonlink runs secured by Nexus and specifying whatever Euro standard engine they have. As a consequence, the 0802 ex Prudhoe is usually an Eclipse. The interworking goes 11/31/32/47/32/31/11 and takes about six hours to complete a full circuit (!) so if you download the timetables you should be able to work out where to catch at least one of these machines.
Some interesting news in Buses magazine. It says that GNE's order for new double-deckers has been cut from 21 to 13. It says they're not going to be used for the West Durham Swift.

I thought they were gaining some of the current Tyne Tees Express Geminis. I never knew the original plan was for the West Durham services to get new deckers.
The original plan was for the West Durham Swift to get some B9s on the same order as the X1 and X10s due soon. Id expect the B7s off the angel to move onto the West Durhams once the hybrids have arrived, as ive herd Chester are getting 2 of Gatesheads Gemini's as spares for the 21.
(23/07/2012 20:04)dans_bus_photos Wrote:  The original plan was for the West Durham Swift to get some B9s on the same order as the X1 and X10s due soon. Id expect the B7s off the angel to move onto the West Durhams once the hybrids have arrived, as ive herd Chester are getting 2 of Gatesheads Gemini's as spares for the 21.

Oh right. Kuyoyo reported earlier that Gateshead are keeping two of the current Geminis as reserves for the new B9TL's. If Chester are to gain two, where are the other three going?

I'd agree that there is a possibility that the West Durham Swift will gain some of the Angel B7's. Alternatively, they may go into Northern livery and replace some of the Yellow Buses. But, one never knows what's happening with them due to GNE changing their minds on everything.
New Red Kite branding is well umm.....Red! Managed to catch a glimpse approaching the MetroCentre today. It is the red Omnicities that the have the new branding. Must say the branding looks the same as the previous other than the change of font. Not really too much difference. Very Poor! http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerbp/76377...otostream/

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)