Current time: 01/07/2024, 12:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

V-DJC Darts
RE: V-DJC Darts
Has anybody seen 2345 recently or has it departed for Barnsley?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/01/2016 20:03)RedPanda Wrote:  Has anybody seen 2345 recently or has it departed for Barnsley?

It's still in storage at Green Lane
Find all posts by this user
(02/01/2016 20:11)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  It's still in storage at Green Lane

Does it still get used?
(02/01/2016 20:37)RedPanda Wrote:  Does it still get used?

Not in service it doesn't, was last used as a trainer and I think a police battle bus for mischief night.
(02/01/2016 20:43)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Not in service it doesn't, was last used as a trainer and ibthink a police battle bus for mischief night.

That's right it was. The previous year it was Bootle's 7660 if I remember correctly

RedPanda: 2345 was last used in service in May - primarily on the 68 although it did occasionally see use on other routes. It has moved around the depot a few times since it came back from use as a driver training vehicle (as MPTE mentioned) although at the moment it's at the back of the depot parked amongst the rest of the withdrawn stock. I'm not sure what's going to happen with it although going by what's happened with the vast majority of withdrawn Darts I'd say it's very likely it will go for scrap unfortunately
(02/01/2016 21:03)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  That's right it was. The previous year it was Bootle's 7660 if I remember correctly

RedPanda: 2345 was last used in service in May - primarily on the 68 although it did occasionally see use on other routes. It has moved around the depot a few times since it came back from use as a driver training vehicle (as MPTE mentioned) although at the moment it's at the back of the depot parked amongst the rest of the withdrawn stock. I'm not sure what's going to happen with it although going by what's happened with the vast majority of withdrawn Darts I'd say it's very likely it will go for scrap unfortunately

Indeed 7660 was, as for 2345,well scrap is entirely likely isn't it, unless a preservationist somewhere wants it but not sure how likely that is and it would probably have gone by now if it was. 2345 was parked at the front of the depot not long before Xmas.
(02/01/2016 21:10)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Indeed 7660 was, as for 2345,well scrap is entirely likely isn't it, unless a preservationist somewhere wants it but not sure how likely that is and it would probably have gone by now if it was. 2345 was parked at the front of the depot not long before Xmas.

Thanks both, hope it gets used even if its just a battle bus on a random night
It actually seen service on the 14 that night it was used as the battle bus. Looked like a quick replacement for a bus that got vandalised, as it was out in the area. Not sure that it done a full trip from town to Willow Way but it definately seen service that night, even if it was short term cover.
(03/01/2016 00:06)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  It actually seen service on the 14 that night it was used as the battle bus. Looked like a quick replacement for a bus that got vandalised, as it was out in the area. Not sure that it done a full trip from town to Willow Way but it definately seen service that night, even if it was short term cover.

It would of been on battle bus dutys still as they drive around on the route with the route number on the front and Police dressed in normal clothing, Spotted it myself in the Page Moss area with 10B on the dests, Very good way to trick to vandals.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(03/01/2016 00:21)T42 PVM Wrote:  It would of been on battle bus dutys still as they drive around on the route with the route number on the front and Police dressed in normal clothing, Spotted it myself in the Page Moss area with 10B on the dests, Very good way to trick to vandals.

It was actually picking up and dropping off a couple of passengers just before Mossway. It was 100% in service. Even had ticket machine fitted.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)