Current time: 17/06/2024, 09:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
In which vas you'd blame the diagram planners or the company for not having spare capacity for such incidents.

I am warming to the 319's a bit more than I originally did. It's good to see the conductor being able to catch the little darlings that don't want to pay although I must admit it's a bit silly they have to come out of the cabs to do the doors when it's chokka!
Find all posts by this user
The 319s were set up for DOO so Northern probably looked for the cheapest option to allow the conductor to release the doors.
(17/12/2015 18:17)jtd508110 Wrote:  In which vas you'd blame the diagram planners or the company for not having spare capacity for such incidents.

I am warming to the 319's a bit more than I originally did. It's good to see the conductor being able to catch the little darlings that don't want to pay although I must admit it's a bit silly they have to come out of the cabs to do the doors when it's chokka!

Spare capacity can soon be swallowed up when there is disruption and sometimes it is impossible to juggle too much traincrew wise depending on meal breaks and booking off times.

Yes as you cite that is one advantage to the conductors on a 319 having to release the doors from within the saloons as in being able to nab fare dodgers but sometimes getting to the doors can be awkward with having to dodge luggage and pushchair etc
Any idea when the next phase of the NWEP is due to be completed .
(17/12/2015 19:03)wirralbus Wrote:  Any idea when the next phase of the NWEP is due to be completed .

Blackpool-Deansgate is scheduled for mid-2017 and for the DMUs released to be redeployed at the December 17 timetable recast.
Hasn't that been split in to two phases though into Deansgate - Euxton Junction and Preston North Junction - Blackpool because of some rationalisation and resignalling in the Blackpool area.
(18/12/2015 15:39)wirralbus Wrote:  Hasn't that been split in to two phases though into Deansgate - Euxton Junction and Preston North Junction - Blackpool because of some rationalisation and resignalling in the Blackpool area.

Blackpool-Preston was supposed to be by December 16 and Deansgate - Euxton Junction by May 17.

However, Network Rail have postponed the finish date for Blackpool-Preston: http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/b...-1-6687550
(17/12/2015 16:55)Gordon V Wrote:  Whilst I readily admit I am a critic of the 319s reliability if you are referring to the cancellation of the 1202 Man Vic-Lime St and 1320 Lime St-Man Vic today this wasn't down to a 319 failing it was down to a 142+150 failing at Kirkby meaning traincrew for the above services were caught up in this disruption.

As for the query as to what is most reliable out of 142/150/156/319,in my experience 150s are most reliable.

On paper the 156's are the most reliable.

SD.
(17/12/2015 18:19)knutstransport Wrote:  The 319s were set up for DOO so Northern probably looked for the cheapest option to allow the conductor to release the doors.

The cheapest option wouldn't have been to install door controls for the Conductor at every set of doors though!

SD.
(24/12/2015 00:06)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  The cheapest option wouldn't have been to install door controls for the Conductor at every set of doors though!

SD.

I think Northern looked at the door controls on the 507/508 series in there sister franchise and thought this is what we want , instead of the guard walking to the back after every station stop , not very good when the 319's are 4 coach units .

Where these units come from DOO is a standard in the South East with there being a retail presence at times on numerous routes.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)