Current time: 11/06/2024, 03:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas and New Year Bus Services
Christmas and New Year Bus Services
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/christmas-merseyside.aspx

Here is the first bit of info I have found for Christmas and New Year 2015/16.
Also to add to this Christmas Day buses be once again operated by Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire.
Wirral routes 110X and 118X be operated using Wirral drivers but Gillmoss buses like last year and Liverpool routes by Gillmoss Drivers

Hope this is helpful to some people
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Christmas and new year bus services
Halton Transport will be operating on the 14 ( Liverpool to Runcorn ) on Boxing day!!

First time Runcorn has had a service ( well for many years anyway ), strangly this is not repeated on New Years day though.

I wonder if the new Merseytravel extension into Halton is partly responsible to this and also if Arriva will operate anything.
To be honest Boxing day is the big traffic generator , New Years Day is more a recovery day from the night before .
(20/11/2015 20:14)Matrix Wrote:  Halton Transport will be operating on the 14 ( Liverpool to Runcorn ) on Boxing day!!

First time Runcorn has had a service ( well for many years anyway ), strangly this is not repeated on New Years day though.

I wonder if the new Merseytravel extension into Halton is partly responsible to this and also if Arriva will operate anything.

Most shops and businesses are open on boxing day unlike New Years day, my own store included
My point over the New Year day exception was the that Boxing and New Year day's tend to run to a uniform service.
The last few years especially since Liverpool One has seen Boxing Day given a far more intense service than New years day with better frequenices and more services over recent years
There are also no National Rail train services on Boxing Day, whereas there are trains on New Year's Day. So on inner city bus routes with parallel rail lines, more travel options (hence less demand?) on New Year's Day.
Beg to differ with regards Boxing Day merseyrail have been advertising limited services this year on the Northern and Wirral Lines with limited station openings .
The train service will either be every 30 or 60 minutes between 10:00 & 18:00 or 18:30 same as the buses which be I reckon every 30 or 60 minutes between 10:00 & 18:00 unless anybody knows different.
(21/11/2015 14:54)wirralbus Wrote:  Beg to differ with regards Boxing Day merseyrail have been advertising limited services this year on the Northern and Wirral Lines with limited station openings .

Merseyrail like London Underground is not a part of the National Rail Network

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)