Current time: 29/05/2024, 03:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(14/10/2015 11:06)R557 ABA Wrote:  4171 on the 2 this afternoon.

It's currently broken down in Birkenhead Bus Station stand 6 en route to Chester - due to its positioning other buses can't get round that part of the bus station and back out to Conway Street
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/10/2015 14:41)Enviro400 Wrote:  It's currently broken down in Birkenhead Bus Station stand 6 en route to Chester - due to its positioning other buses can't get round that part of the bus station and back out to Conway Street

great allocation there, biggest piece of junk at the depot on a QBP Route
(14/10/2015 21:57)FC Pictures Wrote:  great allocation there, biggest piece of junk at the depot on a QBP Route

Its probably very telling that Stagecoach are getting ready to put some of there best vehicles on there Chester services and Arriva have resorted to using that vehicle (4171).

Are Arriva going through the motions with the 2 and X2 turns.

The Chester service is an unequal partnership , made even more unequal by the X8 service of Stagecoach running on little bits of the main Chester routes.
(14/10/2015 21:57)FC Pictures Wrote:  great allocation there, biggest piece of junk at the depot on a QBP Route

At least today they had a Hybrid on the 2 - hopefully we'll see more of them, and maybe a Streetlicht or two on regular services when Stagecoach goes Gold.
I heard before that there is a high chance that stagecoach is planning to scrap the idea of using both companies tickets on the 1 & 2 when this gold nonsense starts.

Prepare for mass confusion.
(15/10/2015 19:25)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  I heard before that there is a high chance that stagecoach is planning to scrap the idea of using both companies tickets on the 1 & 2 when this gold nonsense starts.

Prepare for mass confusion.
I can confirm that this is not the case and the QBP is not affected. Simply a case of new buses being used on the route, just as arriva did with hybrids for the 471/2 qbp and other cross rivers.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Not sure why gold is nonsense, surely more a nice upgrade for people using the service.
(15/10/2015 20:18)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Not sure why gold is nonsense, surely more a nice upgrade for people using the service.

I look forward to the Gold service, and as an Arriva pass holder, I'm glad I'll be able to use them. It's not like these new buses have been bought on a whim for vanity purposes, the current 1/2 fleet is aging and new buses are needed- Stagecoach obviously has a good business case to go for the premium spec on this particular route, so why not?
(15/10/2015 20:47)Enviro400 Wrote:  I look forward to the Gold service, and as an Arriva pass holder, I'm glad I'll be able to use them. It's not like these new buses have been bought on a whim for vanity purposes, the current 1/2 fleet is aging and new buses are needed- Stagecoach obviously has a good business case to go for the premium spec on this particular route, so why not?

Agreed.
It's just the way the ball rolls, when arriva invested in hybrids it was exactly the same, now it's stagecoachs turn. In a few years down the line it'll be arrivas turn to invest again, as has already been said, New buses are already on order for next year, not necessarily for this route, but the pulsars generally used on route 2 arnt in too bad Nick anyway.

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)