Current time: 02/06/2024, 13:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
The East Lancs Volvo's are confined to the 24/24A services with the 21 using the Plaxton B7's. Although sometimes there are odd workings of course!

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks NK07. I shall make sure to ride the 24/24a as I am using a President on route X21, probably for my first bus ride in the area (no heresy intended by my use of the words first bus!). This could also free a "slot" for Arriva route X2 fro Durham to Chester-Le-Street and GNE route 28 to Gateshead now!
Find all posts by this user
Your welcome, the 28... dear god that's a killer....!

What could interest me about route 28 is that it uses elderly Prestiges. I kinda associate Prestiges with the Newcastle area as I first rode them with Go North East and Arriva North East, I think at Easter 1999. I should finally ride a Stagecoach example at South Shields too!

If route 28 will be a hard ride, I plan to ride route 43 or 44 from Durham at least through to MetroCentre! Some of their long routes will be quite scenic.

I have the feeling that Go North East is the 3rd largest "local" bus company in Britain not owned by Stagecoach, First or Arriva. The no 1 would be National Express West Midlands and no 2 Metroline. (nos 4 and 5 would be London United and Lothian Buses.) Indeed, in a Buses Extra on NCB privatisation they described Northern (as was) as being the largest yet most compact ex-NBC subsidiary.
Naah, i'm only joking, its not that bad. Go North East's Prestiges are in a much better condition than Arriva's and you are right about the scenery and that it is very good especially on the Diamond. The X25 also offers good scenery but only if it's a double decker!

As the Highwayman is getting new buses, hopefully the 17 will get the ex-Highwayman buses!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(15/07/2012 16:30)W179 SCU Wrote:  As the Highwayman is getting new buses, hopefully the 17 will get the ex-Highwayman buses!

I hope this doesn't mean that 'The Highwayman' is getting the Citaro's instead of 'The Crusader'. The R and W-reg Volvo's are getting on a bit.
Just found a couple of photos on Flickr of the new Prince Bishops livery applied to 4989.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerbp/75694...hotostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerbp/75694...otostream/

(photos from North East & Regional Bus Photos)
(15/07/2012 17:36)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(15/07/2012 16:30)W179 SCU Wrote:  As the Highwayman is getting new buses, hopefully the 17 will get the ex-Highwayman buses!

I hope this doesn't mean that 'The Highwayman' is getting the Citaro's instead of 'The Crusader'. The R and W-reg Volvo's are getting on a bit.

It doesn't mean that - The Highwayman will presumably be getting Scania L94UB's.

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17

Whenever I see references to the Highwayman, I cannot help think about Stand & Deliver with the lyric "I'm the Dandy Highwayman"!Laugh 2

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)