Current time: 02/06/2024, 11:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
Did a fair few GNE vehicles in the Newcastle/Gateshead area over the weekend. They were mostly deckers (TEN, Red Arrows, Fab and Angel) and what surprised me were some of the newer ones had red E-Leather headrests. Got to admit I quite like the GNE interior more than the one Go Ahead London uses – just seems more brighter and welcoming and also got around to using some of the newer Optare Versa’s on the Citylink 58 and some Wright Streetlite’s on the Saltwell Park routes too. Will be in the North East in the summer so will hopefully use some other GNE stuff in South Tyneside/Wearside too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The Go North East website has promised us some new Streetlites for route X66 soon. I understand the main routes for current ones are Saltwell Park 53/54 in Gateshead and Drifter 60 in Sunderland.

Are any other vehicles currently on order for Go North East?
(11/04/2015 21:15)Metroline1511 Wrote:  The Go North East website has promised us some new Streetlites for route X66 soon. I understand the main routes for current ones are Saltwell Park 53/54 in Gateshead and Drifter 60 in Sunderland.

Are any other vehicles currently on order for Go North East?

Yes,More streetlites for the Current Lime 8/78 (to be rebranded coast & country) & Red Kite 45/46
(11/04/2015 22:56)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Yes,More streetlites for the Current Lime 8/78 (to be rebranded coast & country) & Red Kite 45/46

Thanks for letting me know. This could be a more useful link than the other Streetlite routes! It would link Sunderland and the Stagecoach Scania gas buses there with Chester-le-Street on Hybrid route 21.
Confirmed now is the purchase of 4 Volvo B9TLs from Volvo's stock batch built at the end of production. They are destined for Gateshead Riverside depot for the 47 (Newcastle - Blackhall Mill) which will join 'The Red Kite' brand. 'Toonlink' 11/31/32 will be refreshed at the same time.

The 8/78 will be rebranded 'Coast and County' with the launch into service of the Streetlites.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/04/2015 12:33)kuyoyo Wrote:  Confirmed now is the purchase of 4 Volvo B9TLs from Volvo's stock batch built at the end of production. They are destined for Gateshead Riverside depot for the 47 (Newcastle - Blackhall Mill) which will join 'The Red Kite' brand. 'Toonlink' 11/31/32 will be refreshed at the same time.

The 8/78 will be rebranded 'Coast and County' with the launch into service of the Streetlites.

This means that Go North East will follow Arriva North East in having taken Volvo B9TLs that have already been built ready for purchase by operators.
With the exception of Stanley's 5396 (NK15 ENH), which was only delivered yesterday, the first of the 'Coast & Country' Streetlites have entered service today and they are:
  • Stanely-based 5395 (NK15 ENF), 5397 (NK15 ENJ), 5399 (NK15 ENM) and 5400 (NK15 ENN)
  • Chester-le-Street-based 5403 (NK15 ENR)
  • Chester-le-Street-based 5402 (NK15 ENP) working on loan to Stanley
  • Chester-le-Street-based spare 5409 (NK15 ENY) on its booked working on 14/X22

In additon, the 3 spares between Chester-le-Street and Stanley are booked to work the following if not required on 8/8A/78/78A or 45/46:
  • Monday - Friday operation of service X43 (Stanley - MetroCentre)
  • Summer Saturday operation of service 128 (Durham - Beamish)
  • Sunday operation of service X71 (Newcastle - Consett)
  • Saturday Evening operation of service 14 (Langley Park - Durham)
  • Sunday Operation of service 14 (Langley Park - Durham) and X22 (Durham - MetroCentre)

As a result of 5395-5409 into service, the following fleet movements are to take place:
  • Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4904 (W904 RBB) Stanley to Deptford
  • VDL SB120/Wright Cadet 8273 (NK54 NLD) Deptford to Gateshead Riverside/Hexham
  • DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8244 (NA52 BUW) Gateshead Riverside/Hexham to reserve
  • DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8242 (NA52 BUU) Gateshead Riverside to reserve (replaced officially by 5391-4)
  • Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4843 (R843 PRG) Chester-le-Street to disposal
  • 'Lime' Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4853/4/5 (R853/4/5 PRG) Chester-le-Street to disposal

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
The main news at present:

Following the recent Howard Snaiths trial, Northumberland County Council have pulled all contracts with that company, with some school contracts transferring from tomorrow. Go North East have picked up a number, and as a result Volvo B12M/Plaxton Paragon 7087 (NA52 RMZ) and Volvo B12B/Plaxton Panther 7090/2 (MH54 MBX, K2 VOY) are at Thorntons for repaint ready for the new contracts. Until they are ready, 7093 (K3 VOY) have moved from Chester-le-Street to Hexham and has been joined by Dawsons Rentals's Volvo B12B/Plaxton Panther KX08HLR/U - both not strangers to the region having last been with TGM Classic.

Hexham's 'Northern' Scania L94UB 5229 and Riverside's Volvo B7RLE 4979 are due to be fitted with seatbelts for similar reasons. Peterlee-based MPD 618 (NK55 RUV) is also at Thorntons for the same treatment - Peterlee are due to receive 14 new Optare Solo SRs at some point this year as part of the 2014/2015 order.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
I gather Peterlee currently have a large fleet of yellow Mini Pointer Darts. I guess these will then be replaced when the Solo SRs come into service.
Volvo Olympian/Northern Counties Palatine 2 3825 (S825 OFT) was withdrawn recently with the arrival of more Scania OmniDekkas to Stanley depot, from Brighton & Hove.

Please check out my Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/. Photos from around the North East. (Updated Rarely).

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)