Current time: 01/06/2024, 21:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACE Travel
RE: ACE Travel
(03/03/2015 22:46)Shaun821 Wrote:  Ive been told by an ACE driver that ACE kept a handful of drivers on to keep the tours operating and they are operating under a different name.... dodgy.

Shouldnt the vehicles be operating under the new licence and trading name then.

With the correct legal address .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like Merseytravel have given up trying to find a new Operator for the 265 as its now showing up as Withdrawn!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/03/2015 12:02)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Looks like Merseytravel have given up trying to find a new Operator for the 265 as its now showing up as Withdrawn!

Given that it is a daytime semi-variant of the 264 which is being withdrawn on 29th March, Merseytravel obviously saw a cost saving there. So the residents of Sutton Manor are in the weird position of having a link to Whiston Hospital evenings/Sunday (194/195) but not during the daytime. This was the reason the 265 was diverted around that area in the first place.
Anyone keeping tabs on there fleet and whats gone where

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
(04/03/2015 18:32)james solomon Wrote:  Anyone keeping tabs on there fleet and whats gone where

The Open Toppers are parked on a bit of land in Kirkby still operating for Ace Travel, am told the 2 SPD's are with GHA

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(04/03/2015 18:32)james solomon Wrote:  Anyone keeping tabs on there fleet and whats gone where

All the Enviro 200s have gone back to Mistral who Ace leased them off. This has been previously mentioned in this thread. Also heard a roumor that two deckers have been retained for some sort of contract and the status of dart Y254NLK is currently unknown.
Merseytravel have named the new operator for City Sightseeing as A McCaughran - presumably PC1051087 Alfred McCaughran t/a Hollywood Limos, licensed for 2 vehicles and based in Muir Road, a couple of streets along from Ace.

Not sure which vehicles are in use, I know I've definitely seen 303 and 304. I can see the buses from my office window so will keep an eye out. Although I can't see the numbers, they are identifiable by their tree deflectors - 302 has red, 303 has yellow, and 304 doesn't have one. (302 also has an extra bay of roof compared to the other two.) I think I've also seen one with undivided upper deck windscreen and old-style City Sightseeing branding, which could well be the Volvo, 301.

On a separate question, anyone know what was the reason for the word "HOOP" below the windscreens of both 201 and 202? At first I thought it was a name, until I realised that both buses had it (plus it would have been a bit of an odd name anyway!)
(05/03/2015 19:51)Quackdave Wrote:  On a separate question, anyone know what was the reason for the word "HOOP" below the windscreens of both 201 and 202? At first I thought it was a name, until I realised that both buses had it (plus it would have been a bit of an odd name anyway!)

I believe that one of them was to be named hoop, but I seem to remember something about they named the wrong one, so both of them got named.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
I'm even more intrigued now, as to why the name would have been intended for specifically one of the two buses, rather than being equally suitable for either!

The only thing I can think of is if "Hoop" is the nickname of someone named G. H. Hooper, or something like that; therefore 202 (with registration letters GHH) would be the correct one. That's a very long shot, but I can't think of any other reasonable explanation!

From photos on Flickr, it looks like GHH was named sometime between Oct 24th and Nov 10th, but with GGJ there's nothing taken between September and February, so I can't tell from that what order they were named in.
(05/03/2015 19:51)Quackdave Wrote:  Merseytravel have named the new operator for City Sightseeing as A McCaughran - presumably PC1051087 Alfred McCaughran t/a Hollywood Limos, licensed for 2 vehicles and based in Muir Road, a couple of streets along from Ace.

Not sure which vehicles are in use, I know I've definitely seen 303 and 304. I can see the buses from my office window so will keep an eye out. Although I can't see the numbers, they are identifiable by their tree deflectors - 302 has red, 303 has yellow, and 304 doesn't have one. (302 also has an extra bay of roof compared to the other two.) I think I've also seen one with undivided upper deck windscreen and old-style City Sightseeing branding, which could well be the Volvo, 301.

On a separate question, anyone know what was the reason for the word "HOOP" below the windscreens of both 201 and 202? At first I thought it was a name, until I realised that both buses had it (plus it would have been a bit of an odd name anyway!)

Will the City Sightseeing tours be run now then on the Hollywood Limos licence or will the Ace travel licence still be operated under Mr Mc Caughrans name? Thanks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)