Current time: 18/06/2024, 13:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington Coachways
RE: Warrington Coachways
And to add this after speaking with my Boss at Fairbrothers he has absolutely no interest whatsoever of taking this service on...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
As I have said before, the 37/38 mirror the Network Warrington's 5 too much, so I doubt a) any operator wishing to compete and b) tendering authorities by law can not run a competing service.
(20/07/2014 20:45)St Helens Rider Wrote:  As I have said before, the 37/38 mirror the Network Warrington's 5 too much, so I doubt a) any operator wishing to compete and b) tendering authorities by law can not run a competing service.

TfGM is discussing the possibility of extending the 5 from Warburton to Altrincham.
No operator would be competing on this section during the day because there is currently no service at all between Altrincham and Warburton (or Lymm or Warrington) between about 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday.

I am surprised that the 33 is commercial, as I know that WBT used to get a considerable sum for their 29's to Collins Green.
(20/07/2014 20:00)DVL418 Wrote:  Commercial service so nothing to do with councils. However, VOSA will take dim view of non compliance with published timetable

The non compliance of published timetable is nothing new where Warrington Coachways is concerned and as far as the 37a/38 is concerned it's been hit and miss for a good while and VOSA never seemed to have taken action infact I'm sure someone on here stated a while ago about the service being one of the most complained about at the travel office in Warrington Bus Station.
They have also been using sub standard vehicles for over a year now and again nothing has been done about it.

For some reason certain smaller operators seem to get away with a hell of a lot, just look at Redline in Barnsley, yet other operators such as Speedwell (purely for example) were severely punished for the same offence.
The 37/38 and 33 were being run today.
There was a vehicle displaying '33' at Collins Green today.
I couldn't ID, but it looked very much like the ex-Hatton's vehicle that Coachways used to use on the 33 between Collins Green and Westbrook.

Does anyone know anything about what is going on here?
I can find nothing on the internet, as Warrington Council's bus page is useless (it assumes everything is run by Network Warrington), the 33 does not enter the Merseytravel area so they have no infomation, and Coachways didn't have a website with timetables.
Perhaps Tansey's is keeping this one route going at least for the mean time?
(08/09/2014 18:19)Valandil Wrote:  There was a vehicle displaying '33' at Collins Green today.
I couldn't ID, but it looked very much like the ex-Hatton's vehicle that Coachways used to use on the 33 between Collins Green and Westbrook.

Does anyone know anything about what is going on here?
I can find nothing on the internet, as Warrington Council's bus page is useless (it assumes everything is run by Network Warrington), the 33 does not enter the Merseytravel area so they have no infomation, and Coachways didn't have a website with timetables.
Perhaps Tansey's is keeping this one route going at least for the mean time?

Apparently the Hattons Marshall Dart is still 'on loan' to Warrington Coachways/Tansey's so it would seem like they are continuing to operate this service presumably on thier Tansey's licence.
They have more lives than a cat LOL
(08/09/2014 19:18)Mayneway Wrote:  Apparently the Hattons Marshall Dart is still 'on loan' to Warrington Coachways/Tansey's so it would seem like they are continuing to operate this service presumably on thier Tansey's licence.
They have more lives than a cat LOL

Haha, that's true!
Thanks for the information.
What a bus being used instead of a van what next 37/38 return lol
Valandil Wrote:Coachways didn't have a website with timetables.

A correction: Bennetts has a website:
http://www.bennetts-coaches.co.uk/
Though the bus timetables section is out of date.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)