Current time: 02/06/2024, 13:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(10/05/2013 21:12)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(09/05/2013 10:04)MX12 KWB Wrote:  engine really quiet compared to the Enviro400s/DLAs etc

I think that was another selling point they used to get funding for them, reduced noise pollution!

On another note, due to road works at 3 stags / spital crossroads, Today, tomorrow (11th) and sunday (12th) Church road closed between Stanton Rd and Spital Crossroads between 9.30am and 3.30pm on the mentioned dates.

Bus diversions are as follows
- Route 487/488 (Neston bnd) continues straight on at Wirral Grammar School, past Grammar boys along Cross Lane, onto Beechway and on Brimstage Rd and continuing as normal. The return (Lpool bnd) is the same but in reverse.
- Route 410/110 (Clatterbridge bnd) turns onto Heath Rd at Bebington Village then turns right along Cross Lane, onto Beechway and on Brimstage Rd and continuing as normal. The return (Birkenhead bnd) is the same but in reverse.
-Route 419/119 (Mill Park bnd) continues through Beb Village and turns left down Quarry Rd East then onto Bromborough Road, following it until Spital Dam before continuing up Spital hill toward Bromborough along Spital Road as normal. The return (Woodside bnd) is the same but in reverse.

The posters also state that route 410/487 are unaffected on sunday and will run the normal route.
Also worth pointing out that during these diversions, timetable displays at affected bus stops and drivers have been told also that passengers may alight or board a service at any bus stop on the diversions.
I'm not sure about A2B route 112/113 however as theres no mention of that or the 419 on the posters.

If that is the case the 419 (Saturday ) and 119 ( Sunday) will have to be single deckers as double deckers will not fit under the railway bridge at Bromborough Road
Find all posts by this user
Cadet 2416 is now in service at St Helens.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
(10/05/2013 22:50)wirralbus Wrote:  If that is the case the 419 (Saturday ) and 119 ( Sunday) will have to be single deckers as double deckers will not fit under the railway bridge at Bromborough Road

I did think that, I went down there yesterday on 2443 and 2445, and it was a bit of a squeeze to get them through - quite a tight road further on too with the shorter cadets struggling to push through with traffic in the opposite direction, theres little hope for the longer pulsars!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Strange thing is when I went up Spital Road before the only roads closed on that junction at 0930 where Poulton Road and Church Road .

410 was diverting via Heath Road , Cross Lane , to reach Brimstage Road , probably same route for the 487.
2425 on the N450 this morning.
3129 is on the 419 today, unusual to see one out on them in the day.

Also worth noting that although the diversion in Spital/Bebington is no longer in operation, some drivers are still following it, also delays still expected on 410/419/487 in the Spital area.

Posters up on the buses now regarding route 487, due to road closure, 487 temporarily terminating at Little Neston/Royal Oak and missing out Ness Gardens. Cant remember the start date for that but pretty sure its this week.

(13/05/2013 13:27)R874 ERE Wrote:  3129 is on the 419 today, unusual to see one out on them in the day.

Also worth noting that although the diversion in Spital/Bebington is no longer in operation, some drivers are still following it, also delays still expected on 410/419/487 in the Spital area.

Posters up on the buses now regarding route 487, due to road closure, 487 temporarily terminating at Little Neston/Royal Oak and missing out Ness Gardens. Cant remember the start date for that but pretty sure its this week.

Due to the bad weather on Sunday not all the resurfacing was completed , the only section yet to be resurfaced this morning was the Clatterbridge bound side of Brimstage Road , amazingly not only had they resurfaced the road but they had managed to mark the lanes up as well on the surface that had been done .
One of the 'new' secondhand former Arriva Buses Wales Wrexham Depot VDLSB200/Wright Pulsar CX58 EWY (2908) is on the 118/119 this evening.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Hey guys with Liscard road,Mainwaring road being closed buses have to divert down Church street then on to King street,Brighton street which i saw Y47 ABA on 409,2479 also on 409,4204 on 411 and a hybrid on 433.
2909 on 487s today, at least I think it was 2909.. they look quite smart!

noted deckers today, enviro 400 on 432/3/7, didn't have cross river branding on the side so presume its 4421? Also 4001 on 409 and 4200 on 403/13s.

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)