Current time: 17/06/2024, 17:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
I really like ALX300's, they are very well built compared to other vehicles built around the same time. The B10BLE's that South Shields were perfect and had DP seating, they clearly last a long time considering many of them are now with new owners elsewhere.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/04/2013 11:46)NK07 FZG Wrote:  I really like ALX300's, they are very well built compared to other vehicles built around the same time. The B10BLE's that South Shields were perfect and had DP seating, they clearly last a long time considering many of them are now with new owners elsewhere.

Their is no doubting the volvo b10ble's, they are superb like the majority of volvo products, not to mention the DP seating (personally they would be very good on express services), i probs have been unfair to this bus, i've never rode on it but i can imagine GNE putting it on routes it struggles on. Personally I would love to see a Arriva DAF, a stagecoach MAN and a volvo B10BLE together.
Find all posts by this user
Seen today branded for Cobalt Connect, bus retains red body colour with white on blue Cobalt logo plus Cobalt in White and Connect in Silver, the route branding above the windows reads Ashington Bedlington Cramlington Seaton Delaval Northumberland Park COBALT Silverlink Royal Quays North Shields.
Raymond
Whilst sat on the 17 I came up with a theory about the centurion branding if it happens that is anyways!! Anyways my thinking was that maybe that's why the 2 B10's from the pulse came across in northern red, because then its easier to brand? Personally I haven't seen either of them for a week or so now and that's how long the whole idea,of the centurion has been out? This would then mean the yellow B10's would all need repaints, which would worn as an idea because the original brand idea could of been scrapped for a centurion return, so that's why they were yellow to start with, because they came from blaydon racers and plus that could of been the original brand idea which of course they always delayed doing. What's everyone else thoughts?
(12/04/2013 09:08)Wellsey18 Wrote:  Whilst sat on the 17 I came up with a theory about the centurion branding if it happens that is anyways!! Anyways my thinking was that maybe that's why the 2 B10's from the pulse came across in northern red, because then its easier to brand? Personally I haven't seen either of them for a week or so now and that's how long the whole idea,of the centurion has been out? This would then mean the yellow B10's would all need repaints, which would worn as an idea because the original brand idea could of been scrapped for a centurion return, so that's why they were yellow to start with, because they came from blaydon racers and plus that could of been the original brand idea which of course they always delayed doing. What's everyone else thoughts?

5165 is the only on in ''Northern'', 5164 is in yellow. I guarantee you the ''Centurion'' brand will be in yellow, rather than red.

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Lord Adonis Report or the region
Extract from Lord Adonis "More & Betteer Jobs" report regarding Transport:

BUSES AND METRO
The bus and metro network is vital for connecting people to jobs, and delivering accessibility
to the area’s town and city centres, and other major employment sites. The network must be
stable, and marketed as a single network with straightforward fares and clear
information.
SINGLE NETWORK SMARTCARD
It is recommended that the immediate priority, which needs to be agreed by mid-2013, is the
joint commitment of the bus operators association, Nexus and the LA7 to promote a Single
Network Smartcard (with multi-operator ticketing) as the core ticket brand for season
tickets in the North East. All parties in the LEP area should enthusiastically participate in the
DfT’s new nationwide drive to get wider roll-out of multi-operator smartcard ticketing. This
should be accompanied by discounted ticket products for job seekers and those
accessing training, to assist in helping to get people into work.
The area’s bus users would also benefit from a smartcard-based “pay-as-you-go with
daily maximum fare” facility for both bus plus metro and bus only, valid across all operators.
This should be as convenient as or better than London’s Oyster. It must have
a competitively-priced maximum daily fare – with a recommended fare of around £4,
which is comparable to other all-operator daily maximum fares available elsewhere in England.
All parties need to recognise the urgency of making the area’s bus and metro network work
better at connecting people to jobs, and therefore a stretching target of Autumn 2014 for
multi-operator pay-as-you-go to be introduced is recommended.
The possibilities of next generation payment technology are attractive, and it is
recommended that partners look into the options for making this ticket available on standard
bank debit or credit card, and possibly smartphone, as well as on smartcard, in the future.
The opportunities for using a single network smartcard for other transport services, such
as car parking charges, electric vehicle charging, car clubs or cycle hire could also be
investigated.
If a voluntary agreement between Nexus, the LA7 and the bus operators for the roll out of a
competitively-priced pay as you go smartcard within 18 months cannot be reached by mid-
2013, it is recommended this should then be a primary driver towards taking steps to introduce
a bus quality contract scheme.
A demo is going to be used on the 58 from the middle of next week.
Chester le Street Decker 3803 has received advertising for the Go North East 'M-Ticket', the travelticket on your mobile. Looks very bland to be honest.

South Tyne 5 has seen oddities working today, out of 4 vehicles on the route, decker 3875, 2 x nexus bus solos and the other is unknown at present, where are the South Tyne Cadets hiding?
3964 was seen at around 5 15 leaving Heworth it was painted in leaf green with the between decks painted white, there was no Go North East branding or route branding, I think it went along the Felling bypass towards White Mare Pool, the front indicator was showing 5.
Regards
Raymond
3804 (V804 EBR) was on loan to stanley depot today as i saw it on service 825 on its PM journey to Stanley from Lanchester St.Bedes School, the streetlite demo/demos for the 58 look nice.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)