Current time: 02/07/2024, 22:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
Oh you'll be waiting a while for your 33 then I can guess, that's a shame.

St Helens getting the Solo SRs I think is a decent move from Arriva. Having sampled the 33 recently, it was quite quiet, and the bus on the service (1057 before it got withdrawn) was struggling with Sutton Manor turns on the estate.

The 35A - 676 was on this service and was an absolute pleasure down the tighter back streets towards the junction station - very little fuss and it was quite nimble.

Also bearing in mind that the Solo SRs hardly lose any seats when compared to a current Dart at SH (if the Optare max capacity of 37 is specified) then there's nothing wrong with them - plus with the astronomical fuel economy benefits a Solo SR would bring being on a local route, rather than running something larger like a Renown on one, then they're winners in my book.

Alright, they're hardly the motorised equivalent of Kelly Brook in terms of looks, but no bus is.

i use the bus stand at thatto train station so i will get 10A or sack arriva off altogether and do what my dads doing and thats 137/138!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/06/2012 21:33)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  Having sampled the 33 recently, it was quite quiet, and the bus on the service (1057 before it got withdrawn) was struggling with Sutton Manor turns on the estate.
The 33 is a service that can get very busy. Particularly, on the peak Widnes runs. All it takes is one missed service (which is not in the slightest unusual on the 33/A due to tight timings and traffic through Thatto Heath) and you've got a Dart fully seated and standing. Admittedly, yes, it can be quiet at times but then so can any other route. I just wonder if St Helens are making the same mistake they did with the 37/38 when that transferred here from Skem last summer - bringing in smaller than standard vehicles and only realising that they're totally unsuitable once they're actually here. Don't get me wrong, there will certainly be positives to these vehicles, such as manoeuvrability, how economical they are and not forgetting that they're new vehicles full stop, but the capacity is my one and only concern but having said that, we'll see if that's an unnecessary concern soon enough. Whilst it's only a 2 seat loss over most of the Darts and the Cadets (it's actually an extra seat compared to some Darts), the standing capacity is usually quite low on a Solo with notices requesting no standing past around 3/4 of the way down the bus.
(16/06/2012 21:33)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  The 35A - 676 was on this service and was an absolute pleasure down the tighter back streets towards the junction station - very little fuss and it was quite nimble.
I absolutely love the characteristics of the current Solos (although I know some drivers really do dislike that wheel forward design) and they absolutely fly. In fact they were a pleasure running the 356 of an evening through Crank but with 676, 677, 678 and 680 size really is an issue. They were totally unsuitable for day time use on what they were brought in for and, arguably, the 35/A is the only route they're actually suitable for all day.
(16/06/2012 21:33)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  ...rather than running something larger like a Renown on one, then they're winners in my book.
It's actually not often that a Renown runs a local route now. They're usually allocated to the longer 352 and 89 runs with the occasional run on some of the other longer routes. The biggest thing on the locals tends to be the Pulsars which are currently allocated to most of the late boards from first thing in the morning which is why you see them on the locals of a day. The only exception to this I can think of is some of the 89 boards which get a Renown with the expectation that the driver on lates will run it in to Jackson Street for a Pulsar and the 37/38/356 board which takes a Cadet and usually stays out all night.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
I know its not exactly Arriva NW and it may have been pointed out before hand I have only read a couple of pages, of whcih was mainly having a go at Andy so I gave up. But, on a trip to Scotland on Fri I noticed a few of the London deckers from Heysham were heading south on their own steam. Therefore is it confirmed or safe to say that all the buses from Heysham are now on the move?
Hello folks

This is what we have that's either arrived or currently under delivery for Arriva NW and Arriva Buses Wales (excludes other orders at present).

Optare Solo SR M970SR B37F (Mercedes Engine)

MX12 KVT for Winsford/Macclesfield

TBC MX12 KVS
TBC MX12 KVT

Wrightbus Pulsar 2 B44F VDL SB200

3107-21/2 (?) for Birkenhead
3141-6 for Chester

3107 MX12 KWV
3108 MX12 KWW
3109 MX12 KWY
3110 MX12 KWZ
3111 MX12 KXA
3112 MX12 KXB
3113 MX12 KXC
3114 MX12 KXD
3115 MX12 KXE
3116 MX12 KXF
3117 MX12 KWK
3118 MX12 KWL
3119 MX12 KWM
3120 MX12 KWN
3121 MX12 KWO
3122 MX12 KWP
3123 MX12 KWR
3124 MX12 KWS
3125 MX12 KWT
3126 MX12 KVY - Unconfirmed but likely
3127 MX12 KVZ
3128 MX12 KWA - Unconfirmed but likely
3129 MX12 KWB - Unconfirmed but likely
3130 MX12 KWC - Unconfirmed but likely
3131 MX12 KWD - Unconfirmed but likely
3132 MX12 KWE
3133 MX12 KWF
3134 MX12 KWG
3135 MX12 KWH - Unconfirmed but likely
3136 MX12 KWJ
3137 MX12 ??? - Not Sighted
3138 MX12 ??? - Not Sighted
3139 MX12 ??? - Not Sighted
3140 MX12 ??? - Not Sighted
3141 CX12 DSV
3142 CX12 DSY
3143 CX12 DSZ
3144 CX12 DTF
3145 CX12 DTK
3146 CX12 DTN

Reg infos credit to Squire of the Gate / previously sourced information

does no one know anything about what st helens us getting?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Probably pulsars to replace the NCs. Does anyone know if GL is getting these darts yet from LS?.
(26/06/2012 12:10)bolton bus basher Wrote:  does no one know anything about what st helens us getting?

St Helens are getting sixteen Optare Solo SRs
do we know where they are as i thought they was due end of the month

Do we have pictures of all of the Pulsars, whether it be at Ballymena or Heysham? Just curious to see if any 'high spec' examples have been spotted?

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)