Current time: 02/07/2024, 22:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
Like I say, the information that was passed down to one of the St Helens drivers we have on here was that of Versas and nothing different has been mentioned so I can only assume that this list isn't in a prominent place in depot

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks for that Steve! If these are B33F, then I can't help but feel that they're a bit on the small side for some of our operations... I'd have thought, personally, that it'd have been clear that, in the majority of cases, anything smaller than a Dart is too small when they brought in the Solos here initially.

Solo M970SR's have a general seated capacity of 37, around the same as a Versa V1040.
That'd certainly be more suitable with only a loss of 2 seats over a Dart/Cadet (actually a gain of 1 seat over some of the Darts). Do you know what the standing capacity is also please?

@K101HUM, just out of interest, has the engine been specified alongside regs/chassis numbers?

Personally would have preferred Versas, however if these Solos have the a decent engine, i.e Cummins engine, then I may like them a bit more!
Cheers anyway, anything as to initial delivery dates? And just out of interest, have these details been in plain view in depot or have they just been on view to management? I've certainly seen nothing in there and neither have drivers I've spoken to!
(16/06/2012 15:58)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Personally would have preferred Versas, however if these Solos have the a decent engine, i.e Cummins engine, then I may like them a bit more!
I'm also hoping for the Cummins engine but I suspect, if the Derby SRs are anything to go by, it'll be Mercedes which is okay apart from at idle when it vibrates significantly or under a full load when it can be strained.

Cheers again.

well i guess there as been some confusion and misinturperation as this list of chassis numbers and so on must be up in engineering as ive never seen them,as i was going off what i got told and and decribed to me which was an optare same size as a dart and a large funny shape front with the doors in front of the wheels.Solo sr as door rear of the wheels.
im sorted anyway for me speke hall shuttle as i can take one of these solo sr's once they come me thinks.
sack this right of! your not catching me on one of these if it turns around the corner on a 33 i will gladly wait for a pulsar 2 on the 10A and thats saying something! what where head office thinking getting these!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)