Current time: 26/06/2024, 12:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rossendalebus
RE: Rossendalebus
(19/09/2012 19:04)jonathon890 Wrote:  
(19/09/2012 18:03)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Has anything happened to the 481? I was waiting for it today but it didn't arrive, I then looked at the list of buses that go from stand J and it said 481 Bolton as well as the 480, but the Rossendalebus website said there had been no changes to either route.

Has anyone heard anything about this route change?

I have also seen a vehicle around that I don't think I've seen before, It looks a bit like an East Lancs Myllenium. I haven't been on it, but I think it could have an ISBE engine but I only heared it a bit as it was leaving Bury.

I think it's fleet number is 238, has anyone else seen this around?

that bus is this one http://flic.kr/p/dauuDc its just had a repaint but has been with Rossendale a long time now

its either a MAN engined MCV Sterling or if not it is a MCV Evoltution which it looks more like
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/10/2012 22:45)P450 SWX Wrote:  
(19/09/2012 19:04)jonathon890 Wrote:  
(19/09/2012 18:03)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Has anything happened to the 481? I was waiting for it today but it didn't arrive, I then looked at the list of buses that go from stand J and it said 481 Bolton as well as the 480, but the Rossendalebus website said there had been no changes to either route.

Has anyone heard anything about this route change?

I have also seen a vehicle around that I don't think I've seen before, It looks a bit like an East Lancs Myllenium. I haven't been on it, but I think it could have an ISBE engine but I only heared it a bit as it was leaving Bury.

I think it's fleet number is 238, has anyone else seen this around?

that bus is this one http://flic.kr/p/dauuDc its just had a repaint but has been with Rossendale a long time now

its either a MAN engined MCV Sterling or if not it is a MCV Evoltution which it looks more like

Its an MCV Sterling, You can tell as it uses features from a Marshall C39
Does anyone know exactly what engines are in the newer Dart's. By the sound of them 135 has an older Cummins B series 136 sounds like Perkins, and I think the rest of the ELC sprytes and Cateno nimbus vehicles are either Cummins ISBe or Perkins.

Thanks,
LH.
Details of proposed changes in January in the TfGMC meeting on 4 January:

*435 - Service proposed to be withdrawn. TfGM seeking tenders for replacement service.
*440 - Commercial weekday service to be withdrawn and TfGM proposing withdrawal of tendered Saturday daytime service with route covered by services 448, 449 and 463. Evening/Sunday journeys continue unchanged.
*448/449 - Additional journeys introduced (448 in mornings, 449 in afternoons)
*463 - Re-routed via Rochdale Infirmary, partly covering service 440

http://www.transportforgreatermanchester...nuary_2013
Have Rossendalebus changed their livery again?

I have seen a Spryte, MCV Sterling and a Scania in an all-red livery instead of red and white with yellow decals.
(23/12/2012 14:06)Polo Mint Wrote:  Have Rossendalebus changed their livery again?

I have seen a Spryte, MCV Sterling and a Scania in an all-red livery instead of red and white with yellow decals.

Had a look on Flickr to see if I can find any photos and in one of them, it says that it's supposed to be an experimental livery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mroswaldtwi...151677657/
Experimental? Bit late for that with a lot of the fleet in the new scheme!

I saw an MCV Sterling and the reg started with CU04 and I didn't get the rest. I also saw one of the Scanias (it had blue interiors). I'll get the reg's/fleet numbers if I see any more.
(23/12/2012 21:54)Polo Mint Wrote:  ...I saw an MCV Sterling and the reg started with CU04 and I didn't get the rest...

158/258 Is Red & white unbranded.
159/259 Is still Easyride.
160/260 Is all over red.

I thought all Scanias had the red and grey livery with branding.
(23/12/2012 21:54)Polo Mint Wrote:  Experimental? Bit late for that with a lot of the fleet in the new scheme!

I saw an MCV Sterling and the reg started with CU04 and I didn't get the rest. I also saw one of the Scanias (it had blue interiors). I'll get the reg's/fleet numbers if I see any more.

See the enthusiast section of the Rossendalebus web site.

http://www.rossendalebus-enthusiasts.blogspot.co.uk/

Scanias 228 - 230 (YN06 NXX-Z) are ex-Reading.
MAN 258 (ex 158) is CU04 AMX
They also offer a pdf download of a fleetlist dated September 2012, including livery details.
I hope these additional ex-Reading Scania-Solars convert route 480 once and for all. I shunned it in November in order not to ride an elderly Dart with its ghastly moquette.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)