Current time: 26/06/2024, 16:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(08/11/2012 16:22)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  Heworth Interchange Refurbishment Update

Stand C has now been completed with service 27 and 68 departing from the normal stands. The old stand D, (previously using the same shelter as C), is now merged in to the new stand C, with service 515 now also departing from Stand C, not D.

As of yet, I'm not sure why two shelters have been built to replace one old shelter.

The extra shelter is to replace the two stands that part of the Metro building.

The New Stand D is for M1/2/3, 57, 26A, X9/X10 and X3.

This is because Nexus own the Bus Station, but DB own the Metro building, and the change will allow all stands to be under Nexus ownership.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/11/2012 16:51)park5354 Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 16:22)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  Heworth Interchange Refurbishment Update

Stand C has now been completed with service 27 and 68 departing from the normal stands. The old stand D, (previously using the same shelter as C), is now merged in to the new stand C, with service 515 now also departing from Stand C, not D.

As of yet, I'm not sure why two shelters have been built to replace one old shelter.

The extra shelter is to replace the two stands that part of the Metro building.

The New Stand D is for M1/2/3, 57, 26A, X9/X10 and X3.

This is because Nexus own the Bus Station, but DB own the Metro building, and the change will allow all stands to be under Nexus ownership.

Oh, I thought that was just rumours - but thanks for clearing that up.

Update: The old departure displays have returned to their shelters.
(07/11/2012 16:36)citaro5284 Wrote:  
(07/11/2012 16:22)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(07/11/2012 15:05)cbma06 Wrote:  PB0002400/294 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Durham University Hospital Of North Durham given service number 20/20A/RM1/X20 effective from 28-Nov-2012. To amend Route and Timetable.
PB0002400/405 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Does anyone know what the RM1 is for? It ran last year and the year before at around Christmas time with a really odd timetable.

It a special service to get the temp workers to the Royal Mail sorting office.

As the ex manager for Royal Mail at Doxford I am prob best to answer this question. Firstly, there is no sorting office at Doxford International, but correctly it is a service for christmas temp workers at the call centre. We have with go north easts assistance over the past few years provided this service RM1 and RM2 to coincide with specific shift times, so that the usual bus services into the business park have not suffered with not enough capacity for their everyday passengers. In the couple of years before RM1/RM2 were numbered we operated them as short distance duplicates using local numbers 20, 39 and x35.

Ironically, we have only used go north east for the past 4 years I believe, as prior to that the christmas services were operated by Stagecoach as their service X1.

For reference RM1 usually operates direct from Park Lane via Durham Road and service RM2 operates similar route to 39 via Grangetown and Ryhope.

Hope this information helps you all
Thanks for the information Smile
There was a Citaro on the X3 today wearing the new 'Silver Arrows' branding. It's quite similar to the old one and not much has changed.

Seeing some of the 'Blaydon Racers' Citaro has made me think about how 'cheaply' they've branded them - you can still see the 'Red Arrows' branding on the back windows and sides!
South Tyne branded 8243 on Metrocentre circulars today. Had no route blind up, just "Welcome Aboard".

My Flickr Photostream
For both North West and North East Bus and Coach photos.
(11/11/2012 14:05)mattdw92 Wrote:  South Tyne branded 8243 on Metrocentre circulars today. Had no route blind up, just "Welcome Aboard".

Wish GNE would keep branded buses to their respective routes! Maybe down to weak management or depot staff who don't understand the marketing of the company routes - but this ever growing practice can be confusing, especially tro the elderly & visitors to our region. Maybe fewer routes (eg. Only Gold Standard & Express services) should receive branding in future.
(11/11/2012 20:15)venturego Wrote:  
(11/11/2012 14:05)mattdw92 Wrote:  South Tyne branded 8243 on Metrocentre circulars today. Had no route blind up, just "Welcome Aboard".

Wish GNE would keep branded buses to their respective routes! Maybe down to weak management or depot staff who don't understand the marketing of the company routes - but this ever growing practice can be confusing, especially tro the elderly & visitors to our region. Maybe fewer routes (eg. Only Gold Standard & Express services) should receive branding in future.

I do think there are too many brands and that Go North East should only brand their 'main' routes, such as the X1, 21, 27 and 56.

Saltmeadows only have branded buses, those being for 'South Tyne 5', 'QuayLink' and 'Nexus Bus', plus 8266 (for the S1). Essentially, this means that they have no 'spare' vehicles, so it's inevitable that branded buses will be used on the wrong route, hence why the QuayLink Versa's appear on the 'South Tyne 5' so regularly.
(11/11/2012 20:23)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(11/11/2012 20:15)venturego Wrote:  

I do think there are too many brands and that Go North East should only brand their 'main' routes, such as the X1, 21, 27 and 56.

Saltmeadows only have branded buses. Those being branded for 'South Tyne 5', 'QuayLink' and 'Nexus Bus'. Therefore, they don't have any 'spares', so to speak, so it's inevitable that branded buses will be used on the wrong route, hence why the QuayLink Versa's appear on the 'South Tyne 5' so regularly.

Also, given there's 5 South Tyne Cadets, likelihood is that this will be regular if 8266 is off for any reason.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Personally, I don't think branding has the same effect on people now, compared to when Go North East first started the branding. In my opinion, they're getting worse and worse - just look at some of the new ones!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)