Current time: 30/06/2024, 14:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach North East
RE: Stagecoach North East
I am sick of ex sagecoach in london dennis trident going to other stagecoach fleet why can't sagecoach on teeside get some dennis trident to replace old volvo olympian at stockton of from some other stagecoach fleet instead of it lo floor doubel deckers not single double deckres we need
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Because NE can't make a good enough business case for getting Tridents.
In an ideal world they should be confined to their contract workings, but the MANs are too unreliable.

Plus the fact that London Tridents are knackered and would be VOR just as much as the MANs, which Stockton couldn't handle....
From news today, it appears 21142 has now been withdrawn as its MOT was due to run out today and unless it was on Middlesbrough area services then it wasn't out today.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/11/2012 01:02)rachel Wrote:  I am sick of ex sagecoach in london dennis trident going to other stagecoach fleet why can't sagecoach on teeside get some dennis trident to replace old volvo olympian at stockton of from some other stagecoach fleet instead of it lo floor doubel deckers not single double deckres we need
After the disposal of the oldest V & X reg batches in London, everything thats left is owned by leasing companies.
Although there is nothing to stop Stagecoach buying them back from the leasing co's, there isn't a great incentive to (buy) and then cascade them as there was with the older owned ones.
Plus as just said, they are pretty knackered anyway and money would need to be spent refurbishing and removing centre doors etc.
My money would be on some of Hulls Tridents being used to replace Stocktons Olympians but then if they are in reasonable condition, the Olympians can be used in service until 31/01/2016.
As said before, it's the 2003 stock and newer that is leased (though may be on Hire-Purchase so will be owned by SC eventually).

Hull's Tridents (if they lose any - no plans are afoot for now) will be staying within East Midlands.
If what I have been told is true, Stockton will not be getting any Olympian replacements until the Macmillan contract is retendered. Officially that is all the Olympians are for and it isn't really worth getting replacement vehicles while there is a chance they could lose the contract, and even then the new tender could specify a capacity above the Tridents.
(07/11/2012 19:02)kuyoyo Wrote:  From news today, it appears 21142 has now been withdrawn as its MOT was due to run out today and unless it was on Middlesbrough area services then it wasn't out today.

That's a shame I'm arriving early afternoon tomorrow so that's one I won't be having. I will have to cover the MacMillan turns if I want to have an Olympian assuming none out in public service.
(07/11/2012 19:25)mbonwick Wrote:  As said before, it's the 2003 stock and newer that is leased (though may be on Hire-Purchase so will be owned by SC eventually).

Hull's Tridents (if they lose any - no plans are afoot for now) will be staying within East Midlands.

MBonwick, from past postings you clearly know what you are talking about.
To confirm then, (Reason I ask is that I was given info to the contrary from what I thought was a reliable source) Stagecoach London vehicles (Tridents & Darts) with 03 reg onwards are leased, older vehicles (52 & before) are owned?
I understood (maybe wrongly - that the Macqourie group (sorry not sure of spelling) had sold most of the London fleet not already leased to finance companies?
Would very much like to confirm exactly which vehicles are owned.
I'm not really sure on any of this, so I'm open to correction;

The 'old' reg stuff (V/X/Y and 10.5m 51 reg Tridents) have always been owned.
9.9m 51 reg Tridents and newer were taken on Hire Purchase by Macquarie to finance the purchase (hence some 52 regs being 'sold' when their financial difficulties started).
The Hire-Purchase on the 51 regs was shorter than everything else (lower value), and has already been paid off. I think the same is true for the 52 regs.
I'm not sure what length of H-P agreement is on the 03 regs and newer, so can't say when they'll be 'owned'. However, if its 7 years (a contract cycle plus extension), then 2013/4 is when they'll start being paid off.

I've no idea on the darts, but would suggest they're already owned due to being worth less from the start.

As I said before, I'm not sure on any of this, I'm just going on what I've heard. That and the fact that when the Citaro artics went onto disposal, they had a note that they were to be returned off lease. Also, they only spent 1 period on disposal - the 52 reg Tridents have spent 2 so far....
22048 sounded a little poorly on the X82 this evening. Awful growl coming from the engine!

User(s) browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)