Current time: 23/06/2024, 19:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pet Hates
RE: Pet Hates
New pet hates:

- Full buses
- Inconsiderate drivers
- Liars
- Thieves
- Timewasters
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Another driver one is when you let somebody out of a side road or let somebody out and no acknowledgement is given, That is a particularly annoying one.

Also when you walk into a shop and straight away are met with a shop assistant asking if you want any help. That one makes me want to walk out of the shop.
(12/06/2012 07:01)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Another driver one is when you let somebody out of a side road or let somebody out and no acknowledgement is given, That is a particularly annoying one.

Also when you walk into a shop and straight away are met with a shop assistant asking if you want any help. That one makes me want to walk out of the shop.

First point always riles me , it also seems to me that its a certain age bracket that seems to think that they own the road the 60+ drivers .

Second point that you made about sales assistants asking you whether you require any help , its that there training is geared to be very customer focused these days , i only have one problem with this type of service and that is in restaurants is when they come back to ask whether everything is ok with your meal , by the time they come back if you was unhappy you would have already done something about it yourself , so is very pointless exercise i think.
(12/06/2012 07:39)wirralbus Wrote:  
(12/06/2012 07:01)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Another driver one is when you let somebody out of a side road or let somebody out and no acknowledgement is given, That is a particularly annoying one.

First point always riles me , it also seems to me that its a certain age bracket that seems to think that they own the road the 60+ drivers .

Second point that you made about sales assistants asking you whether you require any help , its that there training is geared to be very customer focused these days , i only have one problem with this type of service and that is in restaurants is when they come back to ask whether everything is ok with your meal , by the time they come back if you was unhappy you would have already done something about it yourself , so is very pointless exercise i think.

Forgot about the restaurant one, it is true that if there was something wrong with your food you would just mention it before they got to you. With the sales assistant one I just don't want to be set on as soon as I get through the door of the shop, the same instance goes for car sales people as well.
With the car salesman they want to get to you before the other car salesmen as they are usually by commission on top of a wage , Daewoo tried to change that and seemingly failed .
(10/06/2012 12:47)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  One of my main pet hates has to be workers going on strike for silly reasons.
http://news.uk.msn.com/bus-workers-vote-...mes-strike
"The union is seeking a payment of £500 for each of the 20,000 bus workers it represents in London, pointing out that other transport employees are being paid a premium for being on duty during the event."
"The union said bus workers were the only London transport employees not receiving an award for their extra effort during the Olympic Games."
Bus drivers are employed by the bus operators, not London Transport. LT aren't paying the operators any extra for operating the buses over the games so why should the drivers be paid extra?
If any bus drivers in the country should be paid extra, it should be other areas of the UK forced to bring buses out of storage that have not been used for up to 2 years, in a poor state, leaving old step entrance buses operating on Hospital services for a few months while newer buses have been transferred elsewhere, for buses to go to London. Some places will have broken down buses and delays left right and centre, while our better buses have been shipped off elsewhere to have London's transport systems running smoothly to show off to the world, at the expense of UK residents (many of which do not know yet that low floor buses are being taken off us with old step entrances coming out in their place, so Mr Jones in his wheelchair will be greatly inconvenienced by the every 30 minute hospital service having step entrance allocations, he won't be getting paid to get private wheelchair accessible transport to get to the appointment he made 3 months ago).

Other pet hates:
-passengers swearing at a driver for going without them, even though the bus had left the stand and is queuing to leave the bus station.
-passengers trying to use expired passes, or saver tickets outside of their validity zone, and use the excuse "well the driver yesterday accepted it".
-passengers wanting to pay their £1.35 fare with a £20 note.
-elderly passengers complaining about a step entrance double decker on a non-low-floor route, then going to sit on the upper deck!
-people asking what time the next bus is, while stood next to the timetable board.
-people parking their car in the middle of 2 parking spaces.
-car drivers driving at 40mph through a national speed limit zone (60mph), then continue to do 40mph through a 30mph residential zone.
-Northern Rail running as and when they feel like it, not always to the timetable.
-supermarkets with 16 checkouts only having 4 of them in use (*cough*Morrisons*cough*)
-self-service checkouts in Morrisons giving an obvious instruction directly after another.
-drivers not indicating on a give-way roundabout, then those drivers getting angry when they are cut up because of said failure to indicate.
-Royal Mail shoving a red card through the letter box for a missed parcel, when they didn't knock or ring the bell.
-"men" pushing past you thinking they are something, because they look like an oompa loompa, with their long hair sprayed up, a stripey vest top and canvas shoes that fall apart when they get wet.

That's a bit unfair, as some people might be dyslexic, or partially sighted, & not able to read the timetable.

Your second point, some Roads if the limit is 60mph it is not practical to do 60mph, there's a couple of Roads around Saughall Massie like this it may be 60mph but because the Road is narrow with tight bends it's impractical to do 60mph, although i do hate drivers, who do 20mph in a 30mph[or 30mph on a 40mph] zone on a clear Road.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(12/06/2012 13:29)wirralbus Wrote:  With the car salesman they want to get to you before the other car salesmen as they are usually by commission on top of a wage , Daewoo tried to change that and seemingly failed .

Depends where you go with car salesman, the car that I have now was bought from Arnold Clark and I had no hassle at all as the salesman just said give him a shout if I wanted him. Whereas somewhere else I went I had a salesman literally follow me around and it just made me not buy a car from him.
A pet hate of mine is when vehicles fill one lane at a junction despite there being another lane which can be used and is left empty. This causes needless congestion.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/06/2012 17:44)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  A pet hate of mine is when vehicles fill one lane at a junction despite there being another lane which can be used and is left empty. This causes needless congestion.

There is a farcial situation at Great Sutton where one lane on the A41 feeds into two at the lights with Sutton Way and then immediately goes back into one lane on the other side of the junction , my pet hate is road planners not doing things correctly in the first place .
FMs who force there opinion on you when they like something you don't.

"You are so so i claim £5", completely irritating

The England band, they weren't allowed to take there instruments into the stadium on Monday, unfortunately they've got a reprieve for tomorrow.Angry

People talking loudly on there Mobiles that everyone can hear them.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)