Current time: 20/09/2024, 13:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(02/09/2012 17:16)park5354 Wrote:  
(02/09/2012 15:38)chris white Wrote:  
(02/09/2012 15:13)W179 SCU Wrote:  According to my mate Sean, the ex Blaydon Racers renowns are going on the 17!

I've heard the same thing but obviously would prefer confirmation from GNE. In return the ex-Washington Citaros are supposed to be for the Blaydon Racers, but of course plans can change and theres plenty of time. 5275-5283 would be the equal number of buses to 5151-5159 however so you never know. Of course that would leave a question mark over what would operate the X3 but in my opinion Renowns would be ideal.
Also, some fleet movements are supposed to be taking place today and tomorrow for anyone that may be out and about.

Chris

Apparantly Trident 3871 is staying at Percy Main, who are supposedly loosing SPD 8223/6/7.

I might have a party Smile

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I was sorting through some articles from Buses magazines today, and stumbled across one on the Go North East kaleidoscope. It featured orange Renown 4907 on Diamond route 44. I tried to think where it would operate now that Diamond routes have Citaros, and I think it operates on Lime routes 8/78 but I could be wrong!

Although I reckon the new Volvo B9TLs on Tyne Tees Express have the same moquette as Red Arrows ones, I still reckon on riding one if I come to Middlesbrough next Easter.
(02/09/2012 19:32)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I was sorting through some articles from Buses magazines today, and stumbled across one on the Go North East kaleidoscope. It featured orange Renown 4907 on Diamond route 44. I tried to think where it would operate now that Diamond routes have Citaros, and I think it operates on Lime routes 8/78 but I could be wrong!

Although I reckon the new Volvo B9TLs on Tyne Tees Express have the same moquette as Red Arrows ones, I still reckon on riding one if I come to Middlesbrough next Easter.

4907 is now at Gateshead operating Crusader route 27
Diamond 340 GUP
Also 4840 is now on Crusader route with Registration 340 GUP (This was an original Hammells Diamond bus plate and had been allocated when 4840 was on the Diamond service as a link to the history of the service) Wonder if it will be transferred to a Citaro now operating Diamond service. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ewood_eddie...360368123/ and http://www.sct61.org.uk/zzupt329k - Couldn't find any photos of 340 GUP in original livery, but these links show the red & grey livery of Hammels Diamond. JS Mowbray who shared the route had i rememberLight Green & White livery with Diamond brand http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnmightyc...370990820/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnmightyc...370990820/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnmightyc...370990820/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnmightyc...370990820/
(02/09/2012 15:13)W179 SCU Wrote:  According to my mate Sean, the ex Blaydon Racers renowns are going on the 17!

I've heard the same thing but obviously would prefer confirmation from GNE. In return the ex-Washington Citaros are supposed to be for the Blaydon Racers, but of course plans can change and theres plenty of time. 5275-5283 would be the equal number of buses to 5151-5159 however so you never know. Of course that would leave a question mark over what would operate the X3 but in my opinion Renowns would be ideal.
Also, some fleet movements are supposed to be taking place today and tomorrow for anyone that may be out and about.

Chris

The Citaro's are great on the X3, I hope they don't get replaced. It's a well used service and a useful 'Newcastle - Sunderland' link. Why downgrade it?
(03/09/2012 09:14)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  

Chris

The Citaro's are great on the X3, I hope they don't get replaced. It's a well used service and a useful 'Newcastle - Sunderland' link. Why downgrade it?

The citaros are going on the Blaydon Racers, while the B10BLEs are going on the 17.

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(03/09/2012 09:25)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(03/09/2012 09:14)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(02/09/2012 15:38)chris white Wrote:  I've heard the same thing but obviously would prefer confirmation from GNE. In return the ex-Washington Citaros are supposed to be for the Blaydon Racers, but of course plans can change and theres plenty of time. 5275-5283 would be the equal number of buses to 5151-5159 however so you never know. Of course that would leave a question mark over what would operate the X3 but in my opinion Renowns would be ideal.

Chris

The citaros are going on the Blaydon Racers, while the B10BLEs are going on the 17.

Oh, just Chris said ''Of course that would leave a question mark over what would operate the X3 but in my opinion Renowns would be ideal''. So, does this mean that we aren't sure as yet?
What it mean is, none of this is for definate yet. It's not for definate that 5275-83 will be going onto Blaydon Racers. We should all just wait and see!

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Highwayman B10BLE's being used on X3 today as per the plan.
Northern 8219 (I think) was on the 58 last night.
A scania bendy has broken down on the coast road this morning on eather 58 or 58x service
Also spoted a red scania on the dfds ferry service

User(s) browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)