Current time: 29/06/2024, 07:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(05/08/2012 20:11)Metroline1511 Wrote:  ... I would be surprised if route 10 goes double-deck as it didn't seem unduly busy...

... I note that some generic buses are Yellow Buses while others are red with Northern branding. I am not sure what the differentiation is. My guess was that spare buses used to be yellow but a new policy of a red livery was subsequently introduced.
I think youve tried the TEN at a quiet time of the year - school's off, although in the summer it tends to get busy once the teenagers can dragthemselves out of bed (ie., after 12 noon!).

Re Yellow Bus - you're quite right, this is being phased out in favour of red. IMO it seemed to be a nightmare to keep clean...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/08/2012 20:44)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 20:28)W179 SCU Wrote:  That would be great - Anything bar Compasses and SPD's!

They were my least fave buses in the area, alongside all but the newest MPDs. At least 618 had a respectable interior, but I think it may have been ex-dealer stock. I only rode the one on route 74a as it was a Sunday-only route.

618 came from Redby Coaches in Sunderland along with 619. I must admit that these are the nicer MPD's, although I think I can recall that they have Urban90 seats. :(
Yep! I enjoyed many trips on 618/619 with Redby! They do have Urban90 seating but they are bearable for short journeys. I'm sure I've seen a photo of one of these on a West Durham Swift route, I wouldn't fancy that! I wish these two buses had gone out into full Venture livery with the maroon skirt, would have looked really smart I reckon.

Changes from 3 September:

19 extends from Cramlington to Ashington every hour throughout the day - http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=3972

99 Monday to Friday 1741/1811 and Saturday 1733/1803 trips from Seaburn withdrawn, doesn't come as a surprise to be honest.
(06/08/2012 09:25)Brandon Wrote:  Yep! I enjoyed many trips on 618/619 with Redby! They do have Urban90 seating but they are bearable for short journeys. I'm sure I've seen a photo of one of these on a West Durham Swift route, I wouldn't fancy that! I wish these two buses had gone out into full Venture livery with the maroon skirt, would have looked really smart I reckon.

Changes from 3 September:

19 extends from Cramlington to Ashington every hour throughout the day - http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=3972

99 Monday to Friday 1741/1811 and Saturday 1733/1803 trips from Seaburn withdrawn, doesn't come as a surprise to be honest.

Where did you find changes to the 99?
Tom, there's nothing been officially mentioned.

This variation was registered with VOSA back in July effective from the beginning of September. The 99 is up for review later in the year, so it would be strange to make changes in September unless economies needed to be made.

GO NORTHERN LTD - PB0002400/443

Registration Number:
Variation Number 3
Status Registered
Operator Name GO NORTHERN LTD
Service Number(s) 99 / 36
Start Point Sunderland Park lane Interchange
Finish Point Seaburn Morrisons
Via Southwick
Service Type Normal Stopping
Date Received 06-JUL-2012
Effective Date 02-SEP-2012
End Date -
TAOs covered by route North Eastern Traffic Area
Local Authorities covered by route Nexus pte (Tyne & Wear)
N&P Reference 2128

Traveline are usually pretty good at including upcoming service changes on their journey planner four weeks prior. Whenever I see the journeys I've mentioned pass my house they are usually empty, maybe occasionally carrying one or two people. They're certainly not commercially viable trips. On a hunch, I checked the journey planner, and the journeys I've mentioned will indeed be withdrawn. All other trips remain intact from what I can gather. You have to remember that it costs money to submit a variation to a service, so it must be pretty dire if economies are being made shortly before a major review.

--Just seen from my desk, a Drifter Versa on the 592.
(06/08/2012 18:02)Brandon Wrote:  Tom, there's nothing been officially mentioned.

This variation was registered with VOSA back in July effective from the beginning of September. The 99 is up for review later in the year, so it would be strange to make changes in September unless economies needed to be made.

GO NORTHERN LTD - PB0002400/443

Registration Number:
Variation Number 3
Status Registered
Operator Name GO NORTHERN LTD
Service Number(s) 99 / 36
Start Point Sunderland Park lane Interchange
Finish Point Seaburn Morrisons
Via Southwick
Service Type Normal Stopping
Date Received 06-JUL-2012
Effective Date 02-SEP-2012
End Date -
TAOs covered by route North Eastern Traffic Area
Local Authorities covered by route Nexus pte (Tyne & Wear)
N&P Reference 2128

Traveline are usually pretty good at including upcoming service changes on their journey planner four weeks prior. Whenever I see the journeys I've mentioned pass my house they are usually empty, maybe occasionally carrying one or two people. They're certainly not commercially viable trips. On a hunch, I checked the journey planner, and the journeys I've mentioned will indeed be withdrawn. All other trips remain intact from what I can gather. You have to remember that it costs money to submit a variation to a service, so it must be pretty dire if economies are being made shortly before a major review.

--Just seen from my desk, a Drifter Versa on the 592.

Ah right, didn't think to check VOSA. I just couldn't find it on the Go North East website. Thanks Smile
Hi what bus is quickest to get me to dalton park retail park?
(06/08/2012 19:37)Wellsey18 Wrote:  Hi what bus is quickest to get me to dalton park retail park?

Where from mate?

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(06/08/2012 19:41)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(06/08/2012 19:37)Wellsey18 Wrote:  Hi what bus is quickest to get me to dalton park retail park?

Where from mate?

Well Anywhere mate obviously it would involve me either going to Newcastle or Sunderland wouldn't it?
(06/08/2012 20:07)Wellsey18 Wrote:  
(06/08/2012 19:41)W179 SCU Wrote:  

Where from mate?

Well Anywhere mate obviously it would involve me either going to Newcastle or Sunderland wouldn't it?

Your best option would to be to get to Sunderland, and get a 61 or a 202, however you could catch a X1 an go to Houghton and catch a 203 or Hetton and catch a 65.Probably easier going via Sunderland via the X3.

Hope this helps Smile

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)