Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
TransPennine Express - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Transport (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Railways (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: TransPennine Express (/showthread.php?tid=74)

RE: TransPennine Express - mikestone - 05/01/2019 14:20

(04/01/2019 12:47)boby32 Wrote:  3 services from Liverpool to Glasgow and only 1 service from Liverpool to Edinburgh.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/LIV/2019/06/03/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=TP

The Edinburgh service is via Newcastle - rather surprised NR has agreed it as it is later than the last existing service from Newcastle and slightly earlier than the first southbound.Even if there is no formal "white period" it reduces time available for engineering work .
The new 23.10 Airport-Carlisle also calls a Lancaster long after the last train - I hope they haven't set themselves up for a repeat of the farce with the 23.00 Euston-Manchester at Nuneaton.

RE: TransPennine Express - childwallblues - 05/01/2019 19:03

(05/01/2019 08:09)T42 PVM Wrote:  That is another Example yes, When the service stopped at Wigan i used it as was quicker into Manchester
I had to work on it and it was like a cattle wagon.

RE: TransPennine Express - T42 PVM - 05/01/2019 19:05

(05/01/2019 19:03)childwallblues Wrote:  I had to work on it and it was like a cattle wagon.

I totally agree, 9 out of 10 times you would be stood up due to the volume of people who use the Service

RE: TransPennine Express - mikestone - 05/01/2019 21:17

It is interesting that while most pick up only northbound and set down only southbound at Bolton, in the morning peak the 04.22 from Glasgow has an open stop, but the 16.10 and 17.10 from the Airport don't stop - presumably because the up train has low demand from north of Preston.
;
Another oddity is the 12.05 from Glasgow which calls at Lea Green Mondays to Fridays, but on Saturdays doesn't even stop at Preston!

RE: TransPennine Express - St Helens Rider - 05/01/2019 22:37

The whole Liverpool - Scotland service just sounds so messy with the calling patterns, if we as people who take an interest in these things are confused by all the variatons in journeys/calling patterns, what chance will the general public have of understanding it all. I mean seriously, it can't have been that difficult to path 3 trains per day through St Helens Central and have enough resilience in the timetable for them to call there. If they were worried about local overcrowding, why not insert some set down/pick up only restrictions if needed.

RE: TransPennine Express - mikestone - 06/01/2019 17:00

Like every other train service they are f****d by the system that gives non-existant freight trains with firm rights priority over regular interval passenger services - or perhaps because no-one can be bothered to ask the FOCs to flex them.
;

RE: TransPennine Express - wirralbus - 06/01/2019 18:20

(06/01/2019 17:00)mikestone Wrote:  Like every other train service they are f****d by the system that gives non-existant freight trains with firm rights priority over regular interval passenger services - or perhaps because no-one can be bothered to ask the FOCs to flex them.
;

The problem is that when they have used them paths up there will be no freight paths , do you ever think passenger companies will ever give up paths for a freight services ... the answer will be a firm NO , so i dont see the paths ever being give up by the freight companies especially on the WCML north of preston

RE: TransPennine Express - mikestone - 07/01/2019 14:49

Not disagreeing with that, but I fear that no-one even tries to get them flexed.

RE: TransPennine Express - DVG526 - 08/01/2019 01:00

802 201/202 on test overnight Doncaster-Mirfield-Crewe-Warrington.

One set is allover white one is in TPE colours.

RE: TransPennine Express - mikestone - 16/01/2019 13:56

397003 was taken to Stoke for testing in a possession last night.