Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading (/showthread.php?tid=1368)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - chester285 - 17/12/2017 13:59

Stagecoach will be operating the C56 for one day free of charge With exceptions

RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - motormayhem1 - 17/12/2017 14:28

Its ashame when smaller independents close up shop as these make the bus scene more exciting with there random fleets etc , where with the larger operators they have a standardised fleet more or less.

RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - T42 PVM - 17/12/2017 14:51

(17/12/2017 13:59)chester285 Wrote:  Stagecoach will be operating the C56 for one day free of charge With exceptions

Is this online anywhere?

Replying to MotorMayhem
Its a shame to see so many go with Catch 22, D Jones, Express Motors & Rosso being the latest examples

RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - motormayhem1 - 17/12/2017 15:13

Totally agree T42 PVM.

RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - chester285 - 17/12/2017 15:32

(17/12/2017 14:51)T42 PVM Wrote:  Is this online anywhere?

Replying to MotorMayhem
Its a shame to see so many go with Catch 22, D Jones, Express Motors & Rosso being the latest examples

Nothings online yet, was an enquiry with Chester, an update will be issued tomorrow as to future happenings with the route

RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - knutstransport - 17/12/2017 15:46

(17/12/2017 13:59)chester285 Wrote:  Stagecoach will be operating the C56 for one day free of charge With exceptions

Presumably that means they've got an emergency contract or have agreed to run it on a commercial basis but can't get an emergency registration through before start of service on Monday.

RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - iMarkeh - 17/12/2017 16:08

(17/12/2017 12:46)chester285 Wrote:  Is this permanent or temporary as stagecoach still have planning in for bumpers lane

Temporary until Bumpers Lane is sorted. There is reportedly contamination there causing further delays. As I say, 'reportedly'. Unsure about this as someone told a mate who told me and obviously things can get missed or not told properly as the line goes on.

(17/12/2017 15:46)knutstransport Wrote:  Presumably that means they've got an emergency contract or have agreed to run it on a commercial basis but can't get an emergency registration through before start of service on Monday.
Will probably be emergency contract. The C56 can't make that much as D Jones reduced it's trips recently. IT was hourly into Chester now it is every 2 hours with gaps for schools. Unsure what the subsidy is for but the registration does say it is somewhat subsidised. IT could just be a diversion money though but the C56 I hardly see anyone on it. When I do, they aren't really fare paying but if SC were to take it on, £4 day ticket would get you much further again and I strongly feel it could be a viable alternative to the Saph 1. I am just speculating though and of course nothing is confirmed about the longer term plan on the C56.

RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - chester285 - 17/12/2017 18:38

Confirmation on what I mentioned before regarding the C56 see attachment

RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - Conbus - 17/12/2017 23:17

Really suprised Arriva have not announced anything. Easy coach are recruiting maybe this could be their expansion into wrexham

RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - mtl97 - 18/12/2017 00:39

Arriva are running hourly services to wrexham industrial estate from 5am plus they are putting deckers & another decker for llangollen schools so all pupils can get on board, arriva need at least 15 extra buses in bangor in 2 weeks, I'm surprised by how many companies are going out of business, plus with 2 council owned companies going private, makes you wonder what will happen next year