Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - GWD0595 - 23/05/2013 19:20

I know this may be really obvious to some people, but I've only recently got into busses (moreover, Halton Transport). What were the differences between the Service 2 and 12 when they were both running? I always wondered but never paid any attention to them! :P

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 23/05/2013 21:37

(23/05/2013 19:20)GWD0595 Wrote:  I know this may be really obvious to some people, but I've only recently got into busses (moreover, Halton Transport). What were the differences between the Service 2 and 12 when they were both running? I always wondered but never paid any attention to them! :P

The only difference was around Coronation Drive.
The 12 went up by Hough Green Station, but the 2 just went straight down Coronation Drive, with the two routes joining at Ditchfield Road, so the 2 was the shorter of the two routes.

I might be wrong since I've never caught the Sunday 2a, but I think that in terms of the old routes it does a 2 from Widnes to the end of Coronation Drive, and then a 12 from that point back to Widnes.

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 10/06/2013 16:58

Not unusual, but worth a mention that #73, #74 and #77 are all on long 14s.

RE: Halton Transport - Ultralow - 10/06/2013 18:09

77 and 78 were on the Long 14s on Friday too.

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 13/06/2013 11:31

The older Marshall Capitals have been having quite a lot of breathing space lately. I have noticed every single one out and about at one point or another in the last few days, and its not just been for school services either!

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 25/06/2013 19:16

#57 was on the 44(am) yesterday in place of the usual Marshall/ELC
#3 was on the 2 today

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 29/06/2013 22:32

Just thought I would point out that one of the MCVs is sounding in a very bad way. Didnt catch the number as I was walking up a street and was looking at it side on. But its engine is sounding very rough and there is a awful rattle coming from it. It was either on the 14/14a or the 2 yesterday.

RE: Halton Transport - Neoplan N4009 - 29/06/2013 23:32

Their is one MCV that seems to have a loud air release blast before it stops& a his of a Gemini afterwards, I know with the Allison gearbox they do tend to release air when coming to a stop however, 46 despite the cooling fan sounds like a good bus

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 02/07/2013 19:15

Was on 46 today funnily enough. Is quite a nice bus. A few months ago someone asked me to confirm the status of 71 and 72, I now need someone to confirm there status for me as I have not seen either of them on a service for near a month and now i cant see them in the yard, the pits, or the shed. Also thinking that 30 and 33 getting LED blinds was to give 2 extra buses that could run to the hive without showing a incorect display. But this doesn't seem to matter as I have seen neither bus on a 14a for a little while.

RE: Halton Transport - GWD0595 - 03/07/2013 18:42

First time I have seen this, but saw bus 21 operating on route 26A (at trafflic lights near Lunts Heath Road) at around 3.20pm today.

Around 10 minutes earlier I saw one of the Solo's on the 26 going the other way back to Widnes.

I wonder where the other 2 Solo's were for the 26A? :P