Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Great Western Railway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Noted in service on Tuesday between Paddington and Hayes & Harlington were 387131/45 and 387146/48. In the sidings at West Ealing were 378134/35/38/49/52/53. 165128 was operating the shuttle from West Ealing to Greenford.
I had planned to ride a 387 from Paddington to Hayes & Harlington last Saturday. However, that was a little way south of the area I wanted to see buses. Furthermore, I concluded that it would be more exciting to have a longer ride early next year through the newly electrified section to Maidenhead, Reading or even Didcot.
The electric timetable beyond Maidenhead doesn't start until 1st January 2018, its not clear if existing Reading terminaters will go electric in diesel times beforehand.
;
I suspect there will be changes to what is shown in Open Train Times anyway, once Henley passengers discover they are expected to join trains that have called at all stations from Didcot when the through trains finish. I thought they might run fast Tilehurst-Twyford, as some did in loco hauled days, with Thames Valley stations served by the retained peak Oxford-Reading trains.
Made surplus by the introduction of the 387s out of Paddington 165205/08/12 are now operating from St Philips Marsh depot on the Bristol Temple Meads to Severn Beach service.
The first HST power car to go off lease is 43132 which arrived at Laira Depot after working a PAD-NTA service.
See Rail Operations Group (ROG) section for HST transfers to Scotrail.
387163 and 387162 were on test between Wembley and Crewe yesterday.
First passenger in service for class 800.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICvraOwbg7M
Failed on arrival at Paddington.
Subsequently hear it was late off the depot, came to a stand after attempting to change to electric mode then deposited water from the air-con on the unsuspecting passengers in one car.
Does anyone know what diagram(s) did the class 800 do today?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's