Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Upcoming service changes in Merseyside
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(23/12/2023 15:03)mr t Wrote: [ -> ]All the changes from 21st January are now listed on Merseytravel site

But the Merseytravel on-line pdf timetable dated 21 January 2024 still shows the Saturday 17 as every 30 minutes
(23/12/2023 21:00)Bevan Price Wrote: [ -> ]But the Merseytravel on-line pdf timetable dated 21 January 2024 still shows the Saturday 17 as every 30 minutes

It is possible that Arriva have rowed back on the decision, they have been known to do this in the past after consultation. I am hopeful that the timetable released is what will operate.
From the Liverpool Echo earlier this month:

Steve Rotheram, Mayor of the Liverpool City Region, said: “With the cost of living to continuing to put pressure on families across our region, I want to make sure we’re doing what we can to make travel as accessible, fair, and affordable for everyone".

Accessible and fair,and affordable for everyone: Free Christmas day bus services that are barely used and routes which see no service the rest of the year. No bus services on Boxing day or New Years Day. Merseytravel bus services trundling around carrying fresh air, ie: Moreton Circulars, 129 (Liscard-Frankby). Huge parts of the region that see no evening or sunday bus services. Hydrogen buses that are sitting around gathering dust and rust. New trains that are not exactly reliable on an aging infrastructure. He wants to use money from car drivers paying tunnel fees, borrow money from Government and probable increased local taxes to pay for a bus network under local control and funding a £2 bus fare cap.

How is this accessible, fair and affordable for everyone?
Contrary to what the new Merseytravel timetable states (No changes to Monday - Saturday daytime service), Arriva ARE reducing the 17 Saturday frequency down to every 60 minutes (Arriva timetable attached). I can appreciate the early journeys on a Saturday are fairly quiet but during the main part of the day, services are busy. Are all the nearly full buses a figment of my imagination? This will bring the corridor on this service down to a worse frequency than during the worst of Covid timetables (17 and 30 were both hourly each then). So by doing this, are the company saying there are fewer people traveling than then?
I wonder by cutting the service whether we'll see the odd double decker appearing on the route, mind you I'm sure since the route was extended to Chain Line that means doubles can't be used.

I can't see the residents of Chain Lane being happy about this (not that there's much they can do) as haven't they had a regular/frequent service for years?
(10/01/2024 06:26)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder by cutting the service whether we'll see the odd double decker appearing on the route, mind you I'm sure since the route was extended to Chain Line that means doubles can't be used.

I can't see the residents of Chain Lane being happy about this (not that there's much they can do) as haven't they had a regular/frequent service for years?

There is a low bridge at the Chain Lane end of the route, so no double deckers. Just hoping Pulsars are allocated as given the reduced frequency, a Solo may leave people behind at certain times of the day. Chain Lane has really fallen from grace frequency wise. Was half hourly all day every day until January 2022 when the evening/Sunday service went down to every 90 minutes/2 hourly, also Hattons have withdrawn the 28 on a Saturday. Coming from the Sherdley Park/Marshalls Cross side, the new timetable keeps the journeys which follows the 156 into St Helens, surely would have been better to have kept the journeys on the opposite half hour.
The withdrawal of the 420 (West Kirby-Liverpool) is not mentioned on the BUS SERVICE CHANGES but yesterday you could click on the PDF timetable and it said that it would be withdrawn. The timetable is no longer available.

What happened to the withdrawal of the 418 (New Ferry-Birkenhead) and the rerouting of the 16/17 (Moreton-Clatterbridge)?
(18/01/2024 10:18)moreton407 Wrote: [ -> ]The withdrawal of the 420 (West Kirby-Liverpool) is not mentioned on the BUS SERVICE CHANGES but yesterday you could click on the PDF timetable and it said that it would be withdrawn. The timetable is no longer available.

What happened to the withdrawal of the 418 (New Ferry-Birkenhead) and the rerouting of the 16/17 (Moreton-Clatterbridge)?

Supposedly the 418 is being funded by Merseytravel until April 2024
(18/01/2024 11:45)busdude Wrote: [ -> ]Supposedly the 418 is being funded by Merseytravel until April 2024

When it will likely be renewed and the public subsidy will then fund the shareholders to keep it going.
Is anybody using the N1 night bus?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's