Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(27/05/2020 16:13)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]High Peak are changing the weekday timetables on the 61 and 199 from Monday.

It sounds like Warrington's Own Buses are the big one we are still awaiting news of any changes for. Based on their past performance I imagine we'll hear about any changes at 4:57pm on Friday.

WOB are increasing their services, but not until 8th June. Details at:

https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...s-8th-june

The removal of the slightly wacky evening "E" variants in favour of something more consistent is a positive, I think.

Jeff
Following on from the increase to D&G services in Stoke and the 82 and 88 from Wincham depot on June 1st, the 8, 12 and 85 services from Crewe are increasing from June 8th. I thought they might wait til the reopening of more shops on June 15th.
From 15th June the following services will be running every hour according to information recieved from TfGM:

356 Oldham-Ashton via Denshaw, Uppermill, Mossley & Stalybridge (Nexus Move)
408 Oldham-Shw (First Manchester)
415 Middleton-Oldham (Go Northwest)
(31/05/2020 10:36)K10K11 Wrote: [ -> ]Following on from the increase to D&G services in Stoke and the 82 and 88 from Wincham depot on June 1st, the 8, 12 and 85 services from Crewe are increasing from June 8th. I thought they might wait til the reopening of more shops on June 15th.

It might be changes they wanted to implement today but couldn't e.g. due to the 3 week minimum furlough period or not getting the paperwork done in time.

There was no-one on the 10:30 Knutsford to Altrincham 88 bus when I saw it today. Perhaps not surprising given there's been little publicity of the change. I wonder if the Wilmslow councillor who thought he was being helpful by printing out emergency timetables and sticking them up with sellotape at bus stops, has gone around and either removed the old timetables or replaced them.
There isn't a 10.30 Knutsford to Altrincham. The 2 extra journeys are at 08.30 and 12.30

(01/06/2020 15:07)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]It might be changes they wanted to implement today but couldn't e.g. due to the 3 week minimum furlough period or not getting the paperwork done in time.

There was no-one on the 10:30 Knutsford to Altrincham 88 bus when I saw it today. Perhaps not surprising given there's been little publicity of the change. I wonder if the Wilmslow councillor who thought he was being helpful by printing out emergency timetables and sticking them up with sellotape at bus stops, has gone around and either removed the old timetables or replaced them.
Looking at the new D&G 88 timetable there's 2 short journies on Mon-Fri afternoon that only run from Altrincham-Wilmslow Bank Square, considering the bus gets to Wilmslow at :15 and is not due back out until :09 the following hour where does the driver have their break in Wilmslow?
(01/06/2020 20:55)Rick Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't a 10.30 Knutsford to Altrincham. The 2 extra journeys are at 08.30 and 12.30

It was a long day yesterday. I think it was the 09:45 Altrincham to Knutsford I saw going TOWARDS Knutsford town centre, not a 10:30 going away.

Looking at the updated timetable I think perhaps the lack of a 07:00 Altrincham to Knutsford is perhaps surprising given on a normal weekday that service must carry something like 80 passengers in total, as it leaves Altrincham with around 20 on board and can arrive in Knutsford with more passengers than seats and very few people (other than ENCTS pass holders) do the entire journey when the train is 4 times as quick. I appreciate some of those are Knutsford Academy pupils and the high schools haven't returned yet but it does seem strange that there's no arrival in Knutsford from the Altrincham/Wilmslow direction until 09:55.
(02/06/2020 06:03)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]where does the driver have their break in Wilmslow?

Given the 378 no longer goes to Wilmslow, the 200 was suspended and the 130 is temporarily suspended I imagine there's no issue with leaving a vehicle either at one of the Bank Square bus stops or one of the bus stops at Wilmslow station.

Not sure where the driver could use toilet facilities though - the station facilities are usually off-limits to those not possessing a ticket, which then leaves the customer toilets in the supermarkets. There's certainly no public toilets at or near the main bus stands in Wilmslow, unlike in Altrincham and Knutsford.

Although, perhaps the same question could be asked with regards to Northwich Watling Street given the public toilets burned down, meaning the available options are the supermarkets.
First Bus are looking to update their app this week, so that they can display passenger numbers on board buses in the app. Also looks like you'll be able to track the positioning of buses on the map (similar to other bus apps and Bus Times website - remains to be seen if First Bus will show on the Bus Times website). Be interesting to see if other operators implement this on their apps.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1267773073564016640
https://www.firstgroup.com/about-us/news...s-capacity
The first short trip arrival in Wilmslow at 14.15 is the end of the drivers duty and runs back to Wincham, via Northwich Tesco for fuel. The 15.09 departure from Wilmslow has run private from the airport having come off a 288. The 16.15 arrival in Wilmslow starts the drivers meal break and drivers have suggested they will park at the station so as they are out of the way.

(02/06/2020 06:03)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at the new D&G 88 timetable there's 2 short journies on Mon-Fri afternoon that only run from Altrincham-Wilmslow Bank Square, considering the bus gets to Wilmslow at :15 and is not due back out until :09 the following hour where does the driver have their break in Wilmslow?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Reference URL's