Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: MTL Wirral Routes before Arriva took over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All I'm trying to remember what routes ran before Arriva take over the ones I do remember are below

1 Woodside - New Brighton
1C Chester - New Brighton
3/3A/33B Woodside - Seacombe
6/6A New Brighton - Woodside
7/8 New Brighton - Woodside
9 New Brighton - Woodside
10A New Brighton - Clatterbridge
10B New Brighton - Parkgate
10C New Brighton - Chester
10E New Brighton - Woodside
37 Woodside - West Kirby
64/A Woodside - New Ferry
430/1/2/3/4 - New Brighton - Liverpool
437 Liverpool - West Kirby
464 Liverpool - New Ferry

Can anyone remember what I have missed including contracts?
There was the 190 Prenton circular which 7546 R546 ABA was operated on.
Got some numbers but not sure routs
3C
95/7
486/7/8/9
495/7

What contracts bar the 118/9,190, 218/9 and 240/2 did they have did they ever have 151 or 191
If I remember right the 3C made a couple of daytime trips via cadburys.
The 95/7 were noctorum circles
98 99 Ford Circular also missing and not sure if they operated the 216 217 at some point and the 117 Clatterbridge to Leasowe / Moreton
I have a big list of various routes somewhere, will dig it out later, but heres a few!

10A Woodside - Clatterbridge
164/5 Woodside - New Ferry, a contract which still exists!
172 WS- Heswall via Arrowe Park
411, Liverpool to Bromborough Cross via Birkenhead, with the odd journey going to Clifton Av/Mill Park.
417 Woodside - Heswall/Barnston via Irby.
434 Liverpool - New Brighton via Poulton
(09/06/2012 14:35)P493 MBY Wrote: [ -> ]I have a big list of various routes somewhere, will dig it out later, but heres a few!

411, Liverpool to Bromborough Cross via Birkenhead, with the odd journey going to Clifton Av/Mill Park.

10A was New Brighton - Clatterbridge via Birkenhead Town centre and Woodside .

411 Liverpool to Heygarth Road / Plymyard Avenue , there was some sort of agreement with First not to operate to the Mill Park Estate , hence the strange destination , the bus did operate empty around the Mill Park to turn the vehicle .
Going back even earlier, anyone have a list of MPTE Wirral routes at all?? I remember from many years back the white route maps for each division......anyone else remember them??
Got a full set unopened somewhere. I drew changes all over the first set in pencil, luckily I found another set and put them to one side.
(09/06/2012 14:35)R879 HRF Wrote: [ -> ]I have a big list of various routes somewhere, will dig it out later, but heres a few!

any updates and the full MTL Wirral routes and any short journeys
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's