Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseyside Night Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(25/09/2016 20:13)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]I have just been sent photos of the N1 getting busy as well

Any chance of posting them? Thanks. Without sounding like a broken record, if night buses were simply an extension of daytime operations, I have no doubt that they would be packed, especially at weekends. Ultimately, in the current deregulated set-up, it depends on whether or not Arriva and Stagecoach are able to make a 15% profit margin.
Once again though it really does look like Stagecoach is more proactive and growing there business and overnight services can be seen to grow there business.

One thing i have is there may be a case for an overnight service on the 86 corridor in liverpool 24/7 but is there a case for elsewhere though , at the moment other that route you may struggle beyond a Friday Night / Saturday Morning , Saturday Night / Sunday Morning for most other routes.
(26/09/2016 14:34)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Once again though it really does look like Stagecoach is more proactive and growing there business and overnight services can be seen to grow there business.

One thing i have is there may be a case for an overnight service on the 86 corridor in liverpool 24/7 but is there a case for elsewhere though , at the moment other that route you may struggle beyond a Friday Night / Saturday Morning , Saturday Night / Sunday Morning for most other routes.

I agree that the N1 is probably only viable Friday and Saturday nights, but it is a start and a move in the right direction.

If the N1 becomes popular at weekends it may push Stagecoach to introduce the 471/2 as a nightbus on weekends, and if that is popular then the N1 may start to see weekday service also etc...
(26/09/2016 11:59)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of posting them? Thanks. Without sounding like a broken record, if night buses were simply an extension of daytime operations, I have no doubt that they would be packed, especially at weekends. Ultimately, in the current deregulated set-up, it depends on whether or not Arriva and Stagecoach are able to make a 15% profit margin.

They are not my photos so I don't want to post them on here however you remind me later I will drop them in a PM you
A limited stop night version of the 47 would make sense to try.
The 47 would not work hence its finish time got cut back a year or 2 ago
(27/09/2016 11:29)B10B6514 Wrote: [ -> ]A limited stop night version of the 47 would make sense to try.

There's absolutely no need for an express service. After midnight the roads are relatively quiet. This would be a much better/cheaper option than the Christmas Merseyrail night service, IMO.
Stagecoach have announced that the N1 is to be retained after its initial three-month trial period but renumbered 1. Times are unchanged.
Fantastic news! Thanks for sharing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's