Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseyside Night Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Good to hear that the 86s are looking decent.

As for the N1, that is Liverpool -> Chester -> Liverpool, normal stopping. I too don't understand why they didn't attempt the 471/2, but then again the current arrangement sees Stagecoach buses off the route by about 10pm anyway, so they would have to re-work the current daytime services with Arriva or exit service for a couple of hours only to start again after midnight, which seems illogical and more hassle than it is worth
Arriva will be loathe to give any headway on the 471/2 , so a night service would have to be a standalone operation , i thought it was much earlier than 10pm that Stagecoach was off the 471/2
(24/09/2016 09:07)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Arriva will be loathe to give any headway on the 471/2 , so a night service would have to be a standalone operation , i thought it was much earlier than 10pm that Stagecoach was off the 471/2

10pm was a rough guess, I think the last one leaves service between 2130 and 2200 at Heswall but may be earlier.

I too doubt Arriva would budge on that route, though it wouldn't necessarily stop Stagecoach. The last 472 leaves Liverpool at like 2325? I am sure between the 38, 41/42 and 1 they have vehicles leaving service around midnight to start a 471/2 from Birkenhead to Heswall between 00:05 (approx. 30 mins after Arriva's last one) or 00:35 (1 hour after). It would likely only be single deck but that would most likely suffice.
(24/09/2016 14:22)Enviro400 Wrote: [ -> ]10pm was a rough guess, I think the last one leaves service between 2130 and 2200 at Heswall but may be earlier.

I too doubt Arriva would budge on that route, though it wouldn't necessarily stop Stagecoach. The last 472 leaves Liverpool at like 2325? I am sure between the 38, 41/42 and 1 they have vehicles leaving service around midnight to start a 471/2 from Birkenhead to Heswall between 00:05 (approx. 30 mins after Arriva's last one) or 00:35 (1 hour after). It would likely only be single deck but that would most likely suffice.

Ten or so years ago the 450 used Titans and operated every 10/15 at weekends through the Birkenhead tunnel. Given the opportunity, I have no doubt that weekend night buses would be used, especially if passes were valid.
I just really dont think Arriva are interested in night bus work as a whole , it would probably be Stagecoach who would have to resource the staff for the operations .
(24/09/2016 18:21)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]Ten or so years ago the 450 used Titans and operated every 10/15 at weekends through the Birkenhead tunnel. Given the opportunity, I have no doubt that weekend night buses would be used, especially if passes were valid.

I am sure that somewhere in the Wirral there exists a commercially viable nightbus route which could see this sort of usage again. I am not going to be naive and think it will happen overnight, but running this service like a daytime service with full stopping, both directions and accepting passes will be central to the success.
Ive always thought st helens should operate the 10A as a 24hr service with it serving 3 major hospitals and would take a lot of custom off the taxis with taxis costing £25-£30 from st helens to liverpool.
(25/09/2016 15:04)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive always thought st helens should operate the 10A as a 24hr service with it serving 3 major hospitals and would take a lot of custom off the taxis with taxis costing £25-£30 from st helens to liverpool.

Surely if the 10A became a 24hr operation, a pulsar would more than suit an hourly service each way and a double decker for Friday, Saturday nights and build up to Christmas
I have just been sent photos of the N1 getting busy as well
(25/09/2016 20:13)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]I have just been sent photos of the N1 getting busy as well

That's great news! Hopefully people will twig that it is cheaper than a taxi, particularly if they have week tickets for work or uni
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's