Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(18/02/2024 22:58)T42 PVM Wrote:  What routes do Wincham Run?

Just 88/89/188/48/49 (full journeys only)

I'm surprised they aren't currently operating the 82 and the 49 shorts out of Wincham. Even if it's down to a shortage of drivers at Wincham I would have expected them to have moved half the 88s to Macclesfield, especially with the recent timetable change that means they no longer need to interwork the early 89 journey with a Macclesfield working.

Handforth Dean shuttle has also moved to Crewe, which actually makes sense because on college days it's operated by the same vehicle that runs a Bunbury to John Deanes college contract.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Cheers for the Rundown

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Has anybody observed 572 recently. Is the destination display still broken ?. I notice it lives on the 49 all day, which saves changing the bit of paper in the windscreen, as happened at Cannock where it stayed on route 3 all day.
(20/02/2024 10:12)KXW212 Wrote:  Has anybody observed 572 recently. Is the destination display still broken ?. I notice it lives on the 49 all day, which saves changing the bit of paper in the windscreen, as happened at Cannock where it stayed on route 3 all day.

I've not seen it but I'm not sure I agree about the 49 being a route where the destination display isn't important. It's a cross-Northwich route so a 49 at Watling Street might be heading for Weaverham, or it may be heading for Rudheath. It also serves some bus stops that are also used by 48 and 82 services.

When Arriva operated a 1 service from Weaverham-Northwich only, D&G operated the 82 and Howards/WOB operated the 48 it might have been a different matter.

I alo thought there was also a limit on the number of times a non-compliant vehicle can be used on bus services every year. Or does Chaserider being a different operator to D&G create a loophole?
At no point did I say a destination display isn't important. But just pointed out that the paper number in the windscreen was the norm on the 3 in Cannock and could well be the case here, if it hasn't been fixed. So, the original question remains, is it working now or isn't it ?. 'Compliance' is an issue for the operator and the TC, if you have an issue with that aspect, best contact either of those.
(20/02/2024 15:29)KXW212 Wrote:  At no point did I say a destination display isn't important. But just pointed out that the paper number in the windscreen was the norm on the 3 in Cannock and could well be the case here, if it hasn't been fixed. So, the original question remains, is it working now or isn't it ?. 'Compliance' is an issue for the operator and the TC, if you have an issue with that aspect, best contact either of those.

I just didn't agree with your point that putting a bus on the 49 gets away with changing a bit of paper in the windscreen if the destination display is faulty. A 49 bus in Northwich could be heading in one direction to Rudheath, or the other to Weaverham. Although, I accept it's not as confusing as it could get, especially the 3/10 in Macclesfield, where the two interwork.
531 has returned to Centrebus.
Seems Metrocity YJ67 FXE (former demonstrator) is at Adderley Green.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)