Current time: 28/03/2024, 08:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wright Axcess Ultralow/Floline
Wright Axcess Ultralow/Floline
Following a conversation today that left me and my friends confused i want to ask the following

Are these DDA Compliant?
If not what makes them fail? as the examples with Arriva NW where able to carry 2 Wheelchairs at once as both areas had backrests and Ramps
Could they be converted to DDA Standards and if so would it be something small needing to be done or would it be something really costy and pointless to do?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Wright Axcess Ultralow/Floline
(17/02/2015 02:20)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Following a conversation today that left me and my friends confused i want to ask the following

Are these DDA Compliant?
If not what makes them fail? as the examples with Arriva NW where able to carry 2 Wheelchairs at once as both areas had backrests and Ramps
Could they be converted to DDA Standards and if so would it be something small needing to be done or would it be something really costy and pointless to do?
Both would have failed, they are not DDA Compliant.

The ex-North Western examples mostly had no back-rest with restraint for the wheelchair user, and lacked the required handrails to assist the user in and out of the bays. The ex-MTL examples would have failed due to the electric ramp being non-functional on many of the buses, and again a lack of appropriate handrails and restraints.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)