Current time: 09/05/2024, 04:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail Rail Replacement Buses
Merseyrail Rail Replacement Buses
Don't seem to be able to find a thread dedicated to the title subject (not counting individual depot threads) but there is major engineering work on the Merseyrail Northern line between Formby & Southport all day & Sandhills & Southport in the evenings, 7 February (late evening start) right up until 16 February. Timetable link below.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...202014.pdf

Given the frequent service required, should be a fair few buses in use.....

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Merseyrail rail replacement buses
(22/01/2014 17:37)gka472l Wrote:  Don't seem to be able to find a thread dedicated to the title subject (not counting individual depot threads) but there is major engineering work on the Merseyrail Northern line between Formby & Southport all day & Sandhills & Southport in the evenings, 7 February (late evening start) right up until 16 February. Timetable link below.

HTH

prob be just Arriva Southport & Bootle
(22/01/2014 17:40)E208 WBG Wrote:  
(22/01/2014 17:37)gka472l Wrote:  Don't seem to be able to find a thread dedicated to the title subject (not counting individual depot threads) but there is major engineering work on the Merseyrail Northern line between Formby & Southport all day & Sandhills & Southport in the evenings, 7 February (late evening start) right up until 16 February. Timetable link below.

HTH

prob be just Arriva Southport & Bootle

Usually involves most depots during the week as Southport and Bootle wont be able to cope on there own during the daytime .
Some of the buses working today were 4210,4212,4214,4216,4213,4079,4175,4026,4180,4001,4181
RE: Merseyrail Rail Replacement Buses
I noted the following working the rails today 4001, 4026, 4079, 4097, 4175,4180, 4181, 4210, 4213, 4214, 4215, 4216

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Most depots are involved by sending drivers as there are a few from st helens on there and im on them wednesday,thursday and friday evening.
There are some cases coming in over Twitter of drivers not knowing where they are going. Of course, one would instantly question the reliability of the sources, but if true, that isn't good...
(08/02/2014 22:16)jtd508110 Wrote:  There are some cases coming in over Twitter of drivers not knowing where they are going. Of course, one would instantly question the reliability of the sources, but if true, that isn't good...

The bus I caught on my return from Southport yesterday evening did a total of six u-turns in the road as the driver got lost on many occasion, sadly as I'd never done the Northern Line by bus before I was too hopeless. I was out and about photographing the allocations throughout the day, I've added two VLW's passing through the dunes with more photos to follow later this evening. The link can be found in my signature.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
To be fair, it can be quite easy to get lost in some areas between Southport and Hall Road, some places are hard to find if you don't know the area well.
Hall Road can be hard to find if you dont know your way round Liverpool's northern suburbs , no problem if your a driver from Bootle or Southport who probably know the area but the other depots it will be harder work as they only do this sort of work sporadically.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)