Current time: 29/03/2024, 08:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bristol REs
Bristol REs
does anyone know how many of these where presreved i know of 3 been OWT 776 M, THU 354G and NCK 336J
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Bristol REs
I think MTT have a Liverpool example. ERG 52 resides at Wirral Transport museum and there is a late example of a Crosville SRG preserved. Also several CRGs.There was a company I think in Yorkshire that used/preserved a number of Crosville REs back in the late 90s including ex Heswall SRG 113 and ERG 594, both of which were fantastic buses but I suspect both are now long since dead.
For very comprehensive details on all surviving Bristols visit Rob Sly's excellent site, this link is specifically for REs :- http://bcv.robsly.com/re.html
There is a beautifully-preserved RELH with ECW coach bodywork in white National livery knocking about. it's an OTA-G example.

Two former PMT RESLs are also in preservation and look very good.
i use to have some bus videos of Bristol REs one inculed the farewell PHG 804K and pennine blue does anyone know who did these was it PMP transport films as i can not find them on the list
(24/11/2013 08:14)B10B6514 Wrote:  For very comprehensive details on all surviving Bristols visit Rob Sly's excellent site, this link is specifically for REs :- http://bcv.robsly.com/re.html

thanks for that
(24/11/2013 17:48)mic Wrote:  i use to have some bus videos of Bristol REs one inculed the farewell PHG 804K and pennine blue does anyone know who did these was it PMP transport films as i can not find them on the list

Don't think it was PMP Mic, think it was Terminus Productions, a company who had a spell of doing Bus Vids in the mid 90's. I know the footage you're talking about though because it also includes Routemasters on the 143 as well.
(24/11/2013 20:57)St Helens Rider Wrote:  
(24/11/2013 17:48)mic Wrote:  i use to have some bus videos of Bristol REs one inculed the farewell PHG 804K and pennine blue does anyone know who did these was it PMP transport films as i can not find them on the list

Don't think it was PMP Mic, think it was Terminus Productions, a company who had a spell of doing Bus Vids in the mid 90's. I know the footage you're talking about though because it also includes Routemasters on the 143 as well.

you are right i have found a list of what they have online one other i remember having showed Yorkshire rider leyland leporad 1532 leaving Huddersfield on X37 followed by crash victuim 1551 on 343 this was the bus that hit the bridge on A672 going back out of service
Ex Cumberland M.S. 295 (DAO 295K) and sister 293 are also preserved.

Smile Today is a good day Smile
There is a former SHMD Northern Counties bodied example somewhere making progress, Keighley, I think!!!! NCME bodied RE's were fairly rare with only BCN and SHMD having them as far as I am aware.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)