Current time: 29/03/2024, 13:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bank Notes
RE: Bank Notes
(09/04/2018 19:07)RedPanda Wrote:  Scottish banks haven't updated it to polymer if the £100 is still legal tender. I've had a google and it's proving rather difficult to find what notes are legal tender in Scotland.

That's probably because Scottish notes aren't strictly legal tender anywhere.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/03/2020 21:51)mikestone Wrote:  That's probably because Scottish notes aren't strictly legal tender anywhere.

I think there is a gentlemens agreement to change like for like notes , as the Bank of England dont produce a £100 note im not sure on what would happen if a £100 note was handed to a bank in England from a Scottish Bank.
(03/03/2020 22:20)wirralbus Wrote:  Something that i dont think was mentioned at the time but the Polymer £20 was introduced on the 20th February .

The £20 notes i have seen at the moment have managed to not to be folded , these polymer notes are bad when someone folds the note then they have a mind of there own.

I got the first of these new £20 notes today. Just afterwards, I saw someone hand over an old £20 note. I wouldn't be surprised if the paper ones cease to be legal tender soon, perhaps by the end of next year.
(07/03/2020 22:00)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I got the first of these new £20 notes today. Just afterwards, I saw someone hand over an old £20 note. I wouldn't be surprised if the paper ones cease to be legal tender soon, perhaps by the end of next year.

The £20 notes because they circulate slower than the other two denominations will have a longer run before they cease to be legal tender .

The paper £5 notes had been in such a dreadful condition that the polymer replacements managed to circulate faster than the bank of england thought , they lasted 8 months .

The paper £10 notes lasted just on 6 months

So on the basis of 6 / 8 months you will be looking at September or November for the £20 note (paper) to cease to be legal tender .

So get spending or get to the bank to change them to polymer notes

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)