Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
The pr1 is 3 buses on a Saturday
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/06/2012 11:44)skemnational Wrote:  The pr1 is 3 buses on a Saturday
Oh right - I wasn't aware of that, so thanks! I thought that maybe a third bus had been added for the evening because of delays as a result of that parade.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yer mate defo 3 on a sat a 61 pulsar was on the sat before so but of a come down to a Marshall lol
During the summer the Kew Park & Ride will be open every day in addition to the other site. The PVR will therefore be at least 4 (5 some days). It will more than likely be operated by the 4 Enviros, but as Skemnational has mentioned all kinds ends up on there. Either way it will stretch the garage, so with the schools being on holiday I expect the Olympians will appear on local routes as backfill.
i have always been confused about the operation of the park and ride services at southport.

There is Esplanade , Fairway and kew .

What is the days of operation for the sites listed .

Another question that perplexs me is why is Kew Park and Ride open so little when so much money was invested in it .
(11/06/2012 07:47)wirralbus Wrote:  i have always been confused about the operation of the park and ride services at southport.

There is Esplanade , Fairway and kew .

What is the days of operation for the sites listed .

Another question that perplexs me is why is Kew Park and Ride open so little when so much money was invested in it .
Here's the timetable for the services:
http://merseytravel.gov.uk/pdf/tt_Alpha/...02012).pdf

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/06/2012 07:47)wirralbus Wrote:  Another question that perplexs me is why is Kew Park and Ride open so little when so much money was invested in it .

It didn't get used very much so the council cut its loses and stopped using it full time. It is open at bank holidays etc.
(11/06/2012 07:31)Vbg111v Wrote:  During the summer the Kew Park & Ride will be open every day in addition to the other site. The PVR will therefore be at least 4 (5 some days). It will more than likely be operated by the 4 Enviros, but as Skemnational has mentioned all kinds ends up on there. Either way it will stretch the garage, so with the schools being on holiday I expect the Olympians will appear on local routes as backfill.

Surely with the schools being on the summer holidays Southport will be introducing a summer timetable in which most routes will probably lose 1 bus of each pvr thus meaning they should have sufficient vehicles on paper.
The school deckers will prob end up on 375 through summer coz there no way single deckers will run through summer after the chaos that happened when the heat wave was here the other sat when there was at least 60 people waiting out side arriva office for the 19:40 and half of them had to wait an hour for next bus.also got told that the sheets will change and the late 375 will not run off 300 coz they will need deckers on lates for summer.also a school decker on 43/46 today
I have to admit I've seen a huge uptake in the number of passengers using the 375/85. It's a very popular service & can be very profitable too. It looks the part now nearly all the branded B7's are done.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)