Current time: 03/05/2024, 09:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Grand National 2013
Grand National 2013
Well, I must say that it certainly doesn't feel like nearly one whole year has passed since the 2012 Grand National was held! With this brings a few special services to link Liverpool with Aintree - or does it? I haven't noticed any registrations on VOSA for such service and, judging by the poor loadings that the Arriva's and Stagecoach's services received last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bother this year! Still, with a few weeks to go, there's always time for a registration or two to pop up, along with their timetables!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Grand National 2013
The train usually has it sowed up. That said, Merseyrail still hasn't applied for the "Short Term Plan" train paths for the usual enhanced service, which is odd as it takes a few weeks for Network Rail planners to process and arrange. They might just do a VSTP, (Very Short Term Plan), and only arrange additional services on the day, on an adhoc basis, according to passenger loading.

East Midlands Trains are running 1/2 Class 222 7-car units into Liverpool from Peterborough. Northern have Class 5 paths for additional St. Helens services, (which will probably end up Class 2 and run as passenger services if needed).

Orient Express running into Runcorn then coaches to Aintree.

I also think Peoplebus has a "runs as required" year round VOSA registration, possibly numbered 510?

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02011).pdf

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
Find all posts by this user
The train is a nightmare after the races and gets worse each day, personally I leave by the Seeds Lane exit and walk down and catch a bus on Longmoor Lane, far far easier.
(12/03/2013 19:02)First Class Wrote:  The train usually has it sowed up. That said, Merseyrail still hasn't applied for the "Short Term Plan" train paths for the usual enhanced service, which is odd as it takes a few weeks for Network Rail planners to process and arrange. They might just do a VSTP, (Very Short Term Plan), and only arrange additional services on the day, on an adhoc basis, according to passenger loading.

As you say, the Network Rail Planners are processing and arranging them!
(12/03/2013 18:33)3111 Wrote:  Well, I must say that it certainly doesn't feel like nearly one whole year has passed since the 2012 Grand National was held! With this brings a few special services to link Liverpool with Aintree - or does it? I haven't noticed any registrations on VOSA for such service and, judging by the poor loadings that the Arriva's and Stagecoach's services received last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bother this year! Still, with a few weeks to go, there's always time for a registration or two to pop up, along with their timetables!

Here ya go!

"PC0001141/474 - ARRIVA MERSEYSIDE LTD, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Liverpool, Lime Street Station
Finish Point: Aintree, Warbreck Moor
Via:
Service Number: A1
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 04-APR-2013
Other Details: Registration of Aintree Grand National Shuttle for 2013"

Smile
(20/03/2013 11:41)DEM777Y Wrote:  
(12/03/2013 18:33)3111 Wrote:  Well, I must say that it certainly doesn't feel like nearly one whole year has passed since the 2012 Grand National was held! With this brings a few special services to link Liverpool with Aintree - or does it? I haven't noticed any registrations on VOSA for such service and, judging by the poor loadings that the Arriva's and Stagecoach's services received last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bother this year! Still, with a few weeks to go, there's always time for a registration or two to pop up, along with their timetables!

Here ya go!

"PC0001141/474 - ARRIVA MERSEYSIDE LTD, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Liverpool, Lime Street Station
Finish Point: Aintree, Warbreck Moor
Via:
Service Number: A1
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 04-APR-2013
Other Details: Registration of Aintree Grand National Shuttle for 2013"

Smile

Wonder which depot will operate it and what buses will be used?
Perhaps a mix of Bootle's Rail Replacement and Southport's Schools fleets?
Last year it was Bootle with loanees from Southport and Birkenhead, so most likely the same for 2013.

No registration for the same 'local' Grand National bus Stagecoach operated last year seems to have popped up yet.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(20/03/2013 15:32)507009 Wrote:  No registration for the same 'local' Grand National bus Stagecoach operated last year seems to have popped up yet.
Whilst there didn't seem to be a registration from Stagecoach regarding their usual Grand National service, it appears that they're operating it anyway (unless their previous registration for it was set-up so that an annually registration, a £60 cost, didn't have to occur):
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02013).pdf

It'll be interesting to see what both companies use on their services. Arriva have a lot of free DAF/ALX400s and Palatine 2s as a result of Birkenhead's hybrid 'deckers entering service and due to it being a school holiday. Stagecoach, on the other hand, have a number of S-registered Renowns doing nothing at the moment; I really do hope that they don't take 'deckers off of the 82/86 corridor for the 922, which proved that the extra capacity wasn't needed last year. In addition, there will be three companies providing special links from Aintree to Liverpool this year - PeoplesBus being the third.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think stagecoach may bring in a few buses from Preston depot for use on the service, probably one or two olympians will be used from there or Chorley. I suppose will see shortly.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)