Current time: 28/03/2024, 09:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nottingham City Transport
RE: Nottingham City Transport
Here is green line 952 in its new livery
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I understand that NCT have just acquired 6 Trident- Presidents from Go-Ahead London, themselves part of the Northumberland Park operation acquired from First (coincidentally the week I visited Nottingham last year!).

This seems out of character for NCT so I wonder what their purpose will be, maybe trainers?
From what I understand they will be used on rail replacement work and to cover for other buses whilst refurbishments take place.

I think over the years frequencies have increased but fleet size hasn't and this has led to a shortage hence the extra deckers. NCT are also no longer as strict with regards to spare allocation; previously Go2 spares would only be used on Go2 services with Network spares being restricted to Network routes, but this is no longer the case. Similarly Go2 Uni 31 branded vehicles are currently in the spare pool as their route doesn't run during university vacation periods.

NCT currently have a Scania bodied double decker to help out as well, it was formerly a demonstrator and is just on loan. It has been numbered 101.

One of the spare Scania Omnitowns has been repaired into the current all over light green network
Spare livery with the rainbow stripe, and looks almost brand new!

Network blue services are to receive new ADL enviro 200s next week. The versas currently allocated to these routes are expected to leave the fleet.
New 33 seat Enviro 200s have arrived for Network Brown services. Another Enviro200 has arrived as a network spare.
The six plaxton presidents are now in service on rail replacement work in all over silver livery.

A few of the Network Brown Enviro200s are now in service alongside some solo srs. One displaced solo sr is now in Go2 blue livery.

Two further network spare enviro 200s are now in service, 376 and 377. A 40 seat go2 spare is awaiting registration.

Upcoming changes to Network maroon 13/14 means a pvr decrease of 2, omnitown 206 is now in network spare livery.

Finally, former ecolink branded 306 has gone away for repaint, the ethonal powered engines have been replaced with standard diesel ones due to the high costs of ethanol power.
Nottingham City Transport have submitted a bid as part of the Low Emission Bus Scheme. This bid will fund the introduction of 82 new gas-powered Scania double deckers. If successful, the buses will be introduced from October 2016 to Autumn 2019.

Details of Nottingham's Bid

418 : YP17UFH (reg was taped over) : Sca N250UD Gas / AD E400City was noted in Blackpool today (15/06/17).

http://brandnewbus.blogspot.co.uk/
New 418 was noted in Southport on Tuesday last week on trade plates, has anyone any ideas as to what it was doing

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)