Current time: 18/04/2024, 16:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nottingham City Transport
Nottingham City Transport
NCT have taken delivery of 10 ADL Enviro 200s

9 (366-374) are in service on Network Purple

1 (375) is a network spare

Some of the displaced Solo SRs are to go onto Network Navy routes 2 and 3, such as 346

4 standard 57 plate Solos have been bought second hand. They are numbered 144- 147. 144, 145 and 146 are to be used on Network Skyblue 46 and 47 which replaced Premiere's Red 7 route following their demise. 147 is to be a network spare.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Nottingham City Transport
I have been experiencing some Nottingham vibe as it is almost a year since I last went there late last March! The vehicles were well-maintained and I found the Kangaroo ticket valid on NCT, trams, short train journeys, Stagecoach and TrentBarton in the area handy. Admittedly I had a TrentBarton ticket as I was staying in Derby but it's the thought that counts!
Former purple line sols 349/350/351 are to go onto 'Go2 Uni' route 31 and will be in a pink and silver livery. 350 and 351 were out today but unbranded. After today, they will be out of use for a while due to the university vacation period so will be branded over the course of this break.

NCT has ordered 40 ADL Enviro 400 double deckers for delivery from December onwards.
I wonder whether NCT will have many Tridents left once these Enviro400s are in service next year. Maybe some routes will be upgraded from single to double-deck?

They remind me of London United and Stagecoach London for having had Scania OmniCities but then switching to Enviro400s. Admittedly in the case of Stagecoach London it was because it was the Stagecoach standard bus all along, unlike the management in Macquarie days who concentrated on OmniCities.
(23/03/2013 22:12)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I wonder whether NCT will have many Tridents left once these Enviro400s are in service next year. Maybe some routes will be upgraded from single to double-deck?

They remind me of London United and Stagecoach London for having had Scania OmniCities but then switching to Enviro400s. Admittedly in the case of Stagecoach London it was because it was the Stagecoach standard bus all along, unlike the management in Macquarie days who concentrated on OmniCities.

There's only 3 tridents left in the fleet so I'd be surpised if they remain post the deliveies of all the Enviro 400s
Some information and a picture regarding the introduction of 57 plate solos on Sky Blue line 46/47, started as a result of Premiere's demise
(25/03/2013 11:09)tbone Wrote:  Some information and a picture regarding the introduction of 57 plate solos on Sky Blue line 46/47, started as a result of Premiere's demise

Solos look very smart - with the introduction of the new Enviro 200s i would of thought they might of used some of the old solos replaced by the SR/Enviro 200s
(25/03/2013 19:45)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(25/03/2013 11:09)tbone Wrote:  Some information and a picture regarding the introduction of 57 plate solos on Sky Blue line 46/47, started as a result of Premiere's demise

Solos look very smart - with the introduction of the new Enviro 200s i would of thought they might of used some of the old solos replaced by the SR/Enviro 200s

All of the Solo SRs from the purple routes have gone to replace older Solos on Network Navy and Go2 Uni Pink. I think the original plan was for the solos to be leased but they unusually bought them, NCT are not known for buying second hand!

I think part of the reason for this may be their power; there are some big hills on the route, Premiere had a 10' plate Enviro200 branded for the route but it couldn't be used because it wasn't powerful enough, though that could just be down to their poor maintainance!

Anyway, here's a picture of 144 on Sky Blue line 47 and 147 which is a network spare on Yellow Line route 71. Both photos © Ben Bull
Here's a picture of Pink line branded 349 in the new Unilink 31 livery, which follows on from Unilink 34 which gained a similar livery (albeit with Orange rather than pink) last Summer.
After a frequency cut, the green line route 6 has been redesignated as a 'network' route rather than a 'Go2' route. As such, the buses are being repainted into an all over green livery with 'Bridgeford bus' logos, in a similar fashion to the Solo SRs on the network green route.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)