Current time: 03/05/2024, 06:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Buses Orders
New Buses Orders
Are there any current orders for any pulsars that Arriva have annouced recently out of curiousity??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: New Buses Orders
Apparently, there are 18 new buses due for Green Lane in the summer. This info comes from a comment made by Arriva NW on their Facebook page.

Whether they are Pulsars or not remains to be seen
That will see off Marshalls, V-ENC's and probably the former Chester Darts.
Are the V-ENCs and V-DJC Darts due to leave this year? They are only 14 and thus under the 15 year margin Arriva seem to have set judging by previous fleet renewals. Furthermore it has only been said that Marshalls are due off by the end of the year (Despite them being the same age as the above), I cannot recall mention of anything else coming off 'early' so to speak. Thats not aimed at MPTE by the way, thats just a general query! Smile

RIP 96 - YNWA
Danny, it basically just an opinion from me, it may not necessarily mean those buses are off the fleet but off somewhere that has some Marshalls to replace them. Probably should have worded my post differently but there you go, I appreciate you are just making a general query as well.
message off fb page Arriva North West Yes Lee, 12 will be arriving mid to late spring with a further 6 in the summer.
(11/03/2013 14:34)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Danny, it basically just an opinion from me, it may not necessarily mean those buses are off the fleet but off somewhere that has some Marshalls to replace them. Probably should have worded my post differently but there you go, I appreciate you are just making a general query as well.

No worries mate! Smile Will be interesting to see if they do the leave the fleet at around the same time as the Marshalls!

RIP 96 - YNWA
18 for the 12/13, a route with a PVR of 18 Mon-Fri...
(11/03/2013 23:19)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  18 for the 12/13, a route with a PVR of 18 Mon-Fri...

That will be tight for availability but it is workable if the vehicles coming in are reliable .
(12/03/2013 06:29)wirralbus Wrote:  
(11/03/2013 23:19)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  18 for the 12/13, a route with a PVR of 18 Mon-Fri...
That will be tight for availability but it is workable if the vehicles coming in are reliable .
Whether they're reliable or not, there will still be days when one (or even more) are off of the road for their relevant maintenance attention. Arriva seem to be setting-up situations like this a lot now - firstly with Southport's Volvo/ALX400s, then with Wrexham's Enviro400s and now with these! As demonstrated at Southport, it's not a great situation to be in! I could only presume that, in this situation, there are enough spare Pulsars in the depot's fleet to cover times that all 18 may be unavailable - and, come on, even the current Pulsar services are barely always covered by them at the moment!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)