Current time: 25/04/2024, 05:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Great Western Railway
RE: First Great Western
First Great Western has re-branded itself Great Western Railways and is noe repainting its stock green. So far noted by me are 166204, 166208, HST Power Car 43188 and a set of stock.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/11/2015 08:05)childwallblues Wrote:  First Great Western has re-branded itself Great Western Railways and is noe repainting its stock green. So far noted by me are 166204, 166208, HST Power Car 43188 and a set of stock.

I had heard about this renaming. It will effectively reverse the First corporatising of the line since they took it over in full in 1998.
(13/11/2015 08:05)childwallblues Wrote:  First Great Western has re-branded itself Great Western Railways and is noe repainting its stock green. So far noted by me are 166204, 166208, HST Power Car 43188 and a set of stock.
43187 is another power car painted green.

RE: Great Western Railway
I wonder whether this is a way of First Group starting to unpackage there unpopular corporate name from some of there more popular company subsidiaries .
(23/11/2015 08:56)wirralbus Wrote:  I wonder whether this is a way of First Group starting to unpackage there unpopular corporate name from some of there more popular company subsidiaries .
What next then - Northern Spirit?

The fourteen Class 153 operated by GWR and based in the Exeter/Bristol area are to be taken off lease next year.

150232 is the first of the class to receive the GWR green livery. It also the third after 150219 and150238 to be fitted with a new toilet.

(05/03/2016 07:30)childwallblues Wrote:  The fourteen Class 153 operated by GWR and based in the Exeter/Bristol area are to be taken off lease next year.

It'll be interesting to see whether all them go to London Midland to replace the the Northern-bound Class 150s (as I read on another forum) or there's some left over to go to another operator
I do not know whether your information is factual but it is the first time that I have heard that date.
Disposal of both LMs 150 and 153 units is dependant on electrification of both Walsall to Rugeley TV and Bletchley to Bedford routes.
I would imagine that Northern is likely to receive 150/1 from Exeter before the LM units.

166214 is now in GWR livery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)