Current time: 24/04/2024, 06:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First South Yorkshire
RE: First South Yorkshire
Had a day down Sheffield today and managed to ride a number of T and Y reg Wright Renowns witch got me thinking, Is there any planned replacements for the remaining T reg Renowns and if so what will the replacements be?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It'll probably be another batch of StreetLite Maxes to replace the T-MAKs/T-ODTs which I think is a shame as the ones I've sampled have all been very good. Unless any of them have been withdrawn recently Olive Grove depot has seventeen T-reg Renowns - as well as eight Y-reg Renowns which as far as I know aren't due to be withdrawn just yet

I have read on another forum that Olive Grove is due to receive some newer Volvo deckers from Rotherham when the StreetDecks are delivered for the X78 as well
Find all posts by this user
(22/08/2015 21:12)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I have read on another forum that Olive Grove is due to receive some newer Volvo deckers from Rotherham when the StreetDecks are delivered for the X22 as well

I believe that the 22 StreetDecks are due for delivery in November, for use on the X78 Doncaster-Rotherham-Sheffield service.
(22/08/2015 21:41)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  I believe that the 22 StreetDecks are due for delivery in November, for use on the X78 Doncaster-Rotherham-Sheffield service.

That's the one - thanks for that. I really must go to Specsavers!
According to a First Enthusiast Page on Facebook theres going to be a big PVR Drop at Olive Road and that will finish the remaining 17 T reg Renowns by November.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
I completely forgot about the Sheffield Bus Partnership to be honest - it's a big PVR drop although Olive Grove will still have over 250 vehicles allocated after all of the T-reg Renowns have been withdrawn from traffic. There could be an order for Olive Grove next year as I've read on another forum that all of Olive Grove's B7TLs that are older than 53-reg are "pencilled in for withdrawal next year unless they get cascaded to other areas" - this information being from a reliable poster on that forum
Olive Road based 60655 Caught fire Yesterday afternoon so is Withdrawn

60665 caught fire on Tuesday. A shame really as it was a good example in my opinion - I thought it was certainly one of Olive Grove's best Renowns

As part of the delivery of the StreetDecks to Rotherham for the X78 there will be a lot of buses moving between Olive Grove, Doncaster and Rotherham. Former First Manchester StreetDeck 35102 has now joined 35101 at Rotherham as well as MCV bodied Volvo B5TL demonstrator BW65 WHZ (36301). Credit to the South Yorkshire Transport forum for this information
When are the Streetdecks due out on the road? Am thinking of making a trip down to Sheffield before they enter service

(15/10/2015 20:39)T42 PVM Wrote:  When are the Streetdecks due out on the road? Am thinking of making a trip down to Sheffield before they enter service

The last time I heard anything they're due in late November

(15/10/2015 20:48)Dentonian Wrote:  Minor correction; 36301 is regd B*F*65 WHZ. I saw this and 35102 in Sheffield on a journey break between connecting trains on Saturday.

Thanks for that - I'll update my list accordingly

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)