Current time: 29/03/2024, 13:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PeoplesBus
RE: PeoplesBus
19908 - SN09CFE is on the back wall at Gillmoss and is used for spares for the other Enviro 400s, it was towed to Gillmoss and I believe it did require engine work.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/01/2024 12:28)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  That’s because Stagecoach didn’t buy the company, they only purchased the assets associated with the contracted services, whilst simultaneously taking on the additional drivers no longer required by the private hire and commercial side of the business.

Stagecoach have only purchased the rights to the vehicles, and nothing else. They could theoretically loose both the drivers and contracts they’ve inherited.

However I do find the move back into contracted services rather bizarre

Even more reason for stagecoach to get some kind of agreement of no direct competition. When stagecoach bought the part of the bus business’s from Bullocks and Maynes in Manchester both companies continued to trade, both signed agreements they wouldn’t compete with stagecoach in any way for a period of 5 years I believe.
When stotts sold out the commercial bus side of their business to First they also signed an agreement not to directly compete with First in anyway. For many years they stuck to schools and private hires, then started to take on tendered work in Stockport where First didn’t operate. It’s standard procedure.

While I’m sure the relationship between Stagecoach and Peoplesbus is good, I’m sure there will be senior managers somewhat shocked at this announcement from Peoplesbus.
(12/01/2024 11:02)Mayneway Wrote:  Even more reason for stagecoach to get some kind of agreement of no direct competition. When stagecoach bought the part of the bus business’s from Bullocks and Maynes in Manchester both companies continued to trade, both signed agreements they wouldn’t compete with stagecoach in any way for a period of 5 years I believe.
When stotts sold out the commercial bus side of their business to First they also signed an agreement not to directly compete with First in anyway. For many years they stuck to schools and private hires, then started to take on tendered work in Stockport where First didn’t operate. It’s standard procedure.

While I’m sure the relationship between Stagecoach and Peoplesbus is good, I’m sure there will be senior managers somewhat shocked at this announcement from Peoplesbus.

I think maybe Stagecoach thought releasing this contract would help them out in some shape or form to a person they have good relations with .
Ex Stagecoach ALX400's 18114 & 18115 have been acquired, both new to Devon and latterly with East Scotland.....

18114 seen here at the depot this afternoon https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/53475986776

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Is the resurrected Peoples Bus now operating out of Gillmoss?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(28/01/2024 12:38)childwallblues Wrote:  Is the resurrected Peoples Bus now operating out of Gillmoss?

It's still operating out of it's original Netherton depot, as they still have vehicles based over there and they were still doing private hire/wedding contracts after Stagecoach purchased the operations.
PeoplesBus have confirmed via Twitter that they will be taking over the 838 service from Cumfybus from April 22nd.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)