Current time: 16/04/2024, 09:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First West & North Yorkshire
RE: First West & North Yorkshire
I Couldnt see 184 Going Every 30 Mins because of 3 reasons

1) Neither First Huddersfield Or Manchester have got the buses to spare
2) it would mess up the every 10 mins Huddersfield - Marsden,Saddleworth - Manchester corriors
3) the passenger numbers just dont call for it,it seems to work perfectly every hour with a double decker,if they was still using singles i could see it

i could see a nightbus between huddersfield & manchester working because trains are busy even at night,as for the later sunday depature,isnt the sunday service tenderd So firstbus dont have a say in the timetable?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/06/2012 20:31)P528LND Wrote:  
(07/06/2012 19:59)SF07 Wrote:  
(07/06/2012 19:05)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(07/06/2012 17:48)P450 SWX Wrote:  How long does the 184 take and how much?

it takes between 95 mins - 2hrs from manchester to huddersfield,if your catching it end to end & return your better of buying the £4.60 dayrider (west yorks + manchester)

£4.60 if you catch it from West Yorkshire end, £4.50 if you catch it in Greater Manchester.

(07/06/2012 15:18)P528LND Wrote:  I personally would prefer all 184 journeys to be run by the Oldham depot - it would give room for extra morning journeys and extra late-night journeys, including short runs between Huddersfield and Oldham. First are too persistent at getting people between places and the City Centre, forgetting there are other towns people want to get to too!

Huddersfield - Manchester every 30 minutes, now that would be of benefit. First are just too scared to! Smile

When I was at uni in Huddersfield, I often wished for later 184 journeys, particularly when finishing uni at 6.15pm. It is weird that the Sunday service has a later departure from Huddersfield than the weekday/Saturday service.

I wouldn't mind a later service on the 184 to/from Huddersfield. Perhaps it could be shared with Huddersfield/Oldham depots something like:

*the 6.30pm departure from Manchester continues from Uppermill to Huddersfield, returning from Huddersfield at 8.35pm (Oldham depot).
*New departure at 6.35pm from Huddersfield, returning from Piccadilly at 8.20pm.

Would appeal to people in Diggle as it replaces the gap in service between 7pm and 11pm.

Bus to/from Huddersfield every 30 mins on the 184 would be nice but if First ever did it, it wouldn't last long, as they'll probably think it's more economical to have a full bus every hour rather than half-full buses every half hour.

But if a service was to become more often, people may have more of an incentive to use it. A more often service is a better service, and people are probably more likely to use it! Smile

since the repaints of the Oldham end buses for 180/84 services wonder if this will happen the 2 Huddersfield ones are unbranded
According to another forum, 32507 (Volvo B7TL) has been repainted into the new livery and was out in service in Huddersfield on the 537 yesterday. I suspect that the new livery may gain 'Huddersfield' branding.
Volvo Olympian/Alexander Royale (East Lancs Roof) 30244 has now been withdrawn & moved to huddersfield for spares
(08/06/2012 09:44)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Volvo Olympian/Alexander Royale (East Lancs Roof) 30244 has now been withdrawn & moved to huddersfield for spares

Withdrawn due to engine fire. A shame really!
(08/06/2012 09:44)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Volvo Olympian/Alexander Royale (East Lancs Roof) 30244 has now been withdrawn & moved to huddersfield for spares

do you know where all withdrawn buses are stored any ifo helpful
All Depots Have Withdrawn buses stored,Cherry Row Is The Main Base with huddersfield & Halifax for buses used as spares,bradford is normally for buses that will be brought back into service at some point & bramley is for repaires
First Huddersfield 32509 in New Livery,ive seen it myself & it looks better than this pic makes out
http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewburt...71174@N25/

@matthew burton for the pic
(09/06/2012 21:38)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  First Huddersfield 32509 in New Livery,ive seen it myself & it looks better than this pic makes out

good photo
(10/06/2012 13:55)mic Wrote:  
(09/06/2012 21:38)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  First Huddersfield 32509 in New Livery,ive seen it myself & it looks better than this pic makes out

good photo

Was out again this afternoon along with 37288.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)