Current time: 28/03/2024, 16:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach South Wales
RE: Stagecoach South Wales
I think these are the only StreetLites within Stagecoach anywhere in the country. These together with Solo SRs built for Stagecoach (the Manchester ones were built for Bluebird) will make Stagecoach South Wales seem quite exotic!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
One of your Versas is missing !
Does anyone know which of Blackwood's Versas is away for repair at the moment ? There is one of them at Smiles of Brunswick near Newcastle upon Tyne but unfortunately the registration is partially obscured. It is CN57 BYsomething but I can't quite make out the last letter. Probably V or Y. Any info much appreciated.

Only my second Versa for my Smiles set following North West's 25226 earlier in the year !!
Afraid I don't know which Versa it is. However;
25209 CN57BYV
25212 CN57BYY

If that helps any
Thanks for the reg info. I finally managed to identify the Versa today as being 25212.

It shares workshop space with 'gas' solo 47396, two Arriva Denmark open-toppers, and First Leeds Streetcar 19014. On route to Brunswick I also passed Streetcar 19012 departing the scene - quite a mixture!

(02/06/2013 14:14)mbonwick Wrote:  Afraid I don't know which Versa it is. However;
25209 CN57BYV
25212 CN57BYY

If that helps any
Latest vehicle to be holidaying in the North East of England is Cwmbran Solo 47631 (YE08 EZK), seen yesterday evening at Smiles, Newcastle upon Tyne.
(05/10/2013 23:11)N391OTY Wrote:  Latest vehicle to be holidaying in the North East of England is Cwmbran Solo 47631 (YE08 EZK), seen yesterday evening at Smiles, Newcastle upon Tyne.

What's happened to 22159? Was it involved in the Cwmbran crash in September?
Looks like stagecoach are set to close its depot in brynmawr with
A loss of 14 services and reducing the frequencies of 8 other routes and a loss of 77 jobs as explained on bbc news.
Routes that will be withsrawn are:
X16 risca - cardiff
X32 maerdy - cardiff
X78 merthyr - pontypridd
244 pontypridd - bridgend
411 tynewydd - st johns high
7 blackwood - pontypridd
C16 caerphilly - nelson
C17 bargoed - caerphilly
538 blackwood - penybryn
30 brynmawr - cwmbran
64 newport - underwood
74 newport - chepstow
X74 newport - chepstow
60 newport - usk
(18/04/2014 08:00)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Looks like stagecoach are set to close its depot in brynmawr with
A loss of 14 services and reducing the frequencies of 8 other routes and a loss of 77 jobs as explained on bbc news.
Routes that will be withsrawn are:
X16 risca - cardiff
X32 maerdy - cardiff
X78 merthyr - pontypridd
244 pontypridd - bridgend
411 tynewydd - st johns high
7 blackwood - pontypridd
C16 caerphilly - nelson
C17 bargoed - caerphilly
538 blackwood - penybryn
30 brynmawr - cwmbran
64 newport - underwood
74 newport - chepstow
X74 newport - chepstow
60 newport - usk
This sounds like a major retrenchment by Stagecoach in South Wales, as most if not all of the services listed are not even worked by Brynmawr depot. Curiously, the main services which ARE worked by Brynmawr (E2, E3, X4 and X15) are not shown as being withdrawn.
Well there blaiming the cuts made by the welsh committee that they are paid and are in disscussion with managment,union,welsh committee and drivers about the closure but the routes you mention that are ran by them may be the routes that are haveing a reduce in frequencies.
With the amount of work going, something has to give depot wise. Brynmawr is the smallest, so it makes sense that it'll be the one to close.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)