Current time: 28/03/2024, 20:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach South Wales
RE: Stagecoach South Wales
I am not surprised about the Newport-Chepstow routes being withdrawn. There are some others covered by Newport Transport, and the X74 Severn Express by First.

I wonder whether other operators such as Newport, Cardiff or any independents will introduce any new work to compensate? This may depend on what if anything goes out to tender.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Newport or Cardiff will be 'high cost' operators like Stagecoach therefore the likelihood of either stepping in is minimal. Independents are different as they often work to different cost bases than the big boys. However the crux of the matter in Wales is that concessionary reimbursement levels are being hammered, and it is this which is causing all the problems.

Stagecoach have threatened legal action over it, and that is not something they would bandy about lightly. Unfortunately many local authorities seem simply not to realise that if the %age reimbursement levels are summarily cut, as they have been, that many marginal services will become loss-makers. It is a trend which will continue unless the whole scheme is overhauled, particularly in areas with Conservative councils.
Stagecoach South Wales
Merthyr Depot

47839 and 47202 have moved here , 25109, 34750 and 34760 are withdrawn

I am no longer in South Wales but anyone who is may continue postings as I know several members where intrested

Also T4/T14 are due to get either Volvo B8RLE's or Mercades Citaros as Merthyr Engineering has refused the Metrocities
(04/11/2018 18:28)YN05 WKE Wrote:  Merthyr Depot

47839 and 47202 have moved here , 25109, 34750 and 34760 are withdrawn

I am no longer in South Wales but anyone who is may continue postings as I know several members where intrested

Also T4/T14 are due to get either Volvo B8RLE's or Mercades Citaros as Merthyr Engineering has refused the Metrocities

I thought the T4/T14 had Tempos and Scania Enviro 300s? Is it getting new buses?
(04/11/2018 21:13)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  I thought the T4/T14 had Tempos and Scania Enviro 300s? Is it getting new buses?

Re-tendered in September so will be getting around 15 new buses.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Last time I passed through Hereford a Solo was waiting to work the 09.15 T14!
(04/11/2018 21:21)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote:  Re-tendered in September so will be getting around 15 new buses.

Ok thanks Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)