Current time: 29/03/2024, 05:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel PTE
RE: Merseytravel PTE
Merseytravel chief executive, David Brown, has been appointed chief executive of Transport for the North (TfN).

The role, a new position, will see David taking a lead role in the development of the future blueprint for TfN as it builds towards statutory status from 2017 onwards – driving forward transformational changes to transport across the north to grow and strengthen the economy.

David will leave Merseytravel to take up position at TfN in the next few weeks.

Said Merseytravel chair, Cllr Liam Robinson:

"During his two years or so at Merseytravel David has worked with City Region leaders and partners to help push our transport and economic ambitions to the fore and I know he will continue to support the Liverpool City Region in striving to fulfil its potential as part of the 'Northern Powerhouse'.

"David's new role is not only a reflection of his skill and expertise and the high regard with which he is held within the transport industry, but also as recognition of the strengths, achievements and tenacity of the Liverpool City Region in pushing for the best possible transport offer for people, business and economic growth.

"Amongst his many achievements David helped advise in the creation of the Combined Authority, led the development of a long term rail strategy, established the Linking Liverpool Campaign on behalf of the City Region, and has overseen all we have achieved in making Young People’s ticketing more affordable.

"Merseytravel will keep up the momentum David helped create, continuing to support the Liverpool City Region get the best deal on transport, from delivering the long term rail strategy, transforming the bus experience for customers and taking forward plans for new Merseyrail trains – just a few projects amongst many."

Merseytravel's current deputy chief executive, Frank Rogers, will become acting chief executive in the interim. He held this role in the months prior to David's appointment in May 2013.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/10/2015 19:05)wirralbus Wrote:  Merseytravel chief executive, David Brown, has been appointed chief executive of Transport for the North (TfN).

The role, a new position, will see David taking a lead role in the development of the future blueprint for TfN as it builds towards statutory status from 2017 onwards – driving forward transformational changes to transport across the north to grow and strengthen the economy.

David will leave Merseytravel to take up position at TfN in the next few weeks.

Said Merseytravel chair, Cllr Liam Robinson:

"During his two years or so at Merseytravel David has worked with City Region leaders and partners to help push our transport and economic ambitions to the fore and I know he will continue to support the Liverpool City Region in striving to fulfil its potential as part of the 'Northern Powerhouse'.

"David's new role is not only a reflection of his skill and expertise and the high regard with which he is held within the transport industry, but also as recognition of the strengths, achievements and tenacity of the Liverpool City Region in pushing for the best possible transport offer for people, business and economic growth.

"Amongst his many achievements David helped advise in the creation of the Combined Authority, led the development of a long term rail strategy, established the Linking Liverpool Campaign on behalf of the City Region, and has overseen all we have achieved in making Young People’s ticketing more affordable.

"Merseytravel will keep up the momentum David helped create, continuing to support the Liverpool City Region get the best deal on transport, from delivering the long term rail strategy, transforming the bus experience for customers and taking forward plans for new Merseyrail trains – just a few projects amongst many."

Merseytravel's current deputy chief executive, Frank Rogers, will become acting chief executive in the interim. He held this role in the months prior to David's appointment in May 2013.

Brookside had a character Frank Rogers, who was killed off on his wedding day in 1993 through being run over by Jimmy Corkhill who had just taken some drugs.
Due to repair works to the road surface, Sir Thomas Street bus stop will be closed from Sunday (15th November) for five days.

As a result of the closure, a number of services, including many cross-river buses, will depart from different locations from Sunday to Thursday 19th November. It is expected that services will return to their normal locations from Friday 20th November.

The work being carried out is essential due to the deterioration of the road surface within the bus stop bays and is being carried out now to avoid any disruption during the busy Christmas shopping period.

Full details of the changes can be found below. To assist during the closure, Merseytravel staff will also be on hand at Sir Thomas St, Victoria St and St Johns Ln to direct people to the correct location to catch their bus.

A PDF leaflet with details of the changes can be found in the Travel Updates section of the Merseytravel website.

Where to get your bus during closure of Sir Thomas St bus stops
CROSS RIVERS
USE STOP
1,2, 423, 487, X8, 18/442/473
Victoria St VE

407, 437, 464, 471/472
Cook St (not after 2100hrs),
Victoria St Temp Stop, Victoria St VE

432/433
Cook St (not after 2100hrs),
Victoria St Temp Stop

LIVERPOOL SERVICES

52/52A , 55, 56, 58
St Johns Ln

Victoria St VC

Queen Square Bus Station Stand 2
The price of Merseytravel Saveaway's is being frozen at the 2016 rate.
The Birkenhead Tunnel is 85 years old today.
I got a Saveaway today for the first time since January 2017. I thus found out that paper ones have been abolished and we must now top up a Walrus card instead. I did already know about the existence of Walrus cards though.

Alas I didn't have time to ride a Halton bus to check if they have contactless ticket machines, but I assume they do.

As a little reminder, the first song I listened to on Youtube when I got home was ... I Am the Walrus!!
The Birkenhead Tunnel is now open to cyclists as part of a strategy to allow keyworkers to move between Birkenhead and Liverpool and vice versa. It is made a lot easier by the fact that buses are not allowed in the near side lane.

The Wallasey tunnel still has a restriction with regards to cyclists.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)