Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel PTE
RE: Merseytravel PTE
(06/05/2014 06:13)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I've noticed that Merseytravel now have a smartphone journey planner app.

Most Companies and Organisations seem to be developing apps for Smartphones these days , seems like they will eventually replace PC's and Laptops .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I doubt they'll replace them. I'd still much rather type anything extended on a physical keyboard as I'm sure would others.

Companies are developing apps for smartphones to keep up with consumer demand and other companies in their sector. It's also cheaper for them to be distributing documents electronically, through an app, than it would be to physically produce them.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I've just spent the afternoon playing around with it. In the notes supplied by Merseytravel it says that it'll be showing live GPS tracking of buses from A2B Travel, Arriva, Avon Buses, Cumfybus and Huyton Travel in the near future. It's not too bad overall, I'm sure there'll be an App Review coming soon by TNWBB too.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/05/2014 15:03)R557 ABA Wrote:  I've just spent the afternoon playing around with it. In the notes supplied by Merseytravel it says that it'll be showing live GPS tracking of buses from A2B Travel, Arriva, Avon Buses, Cumfybus and Huyton Travel in the near future. It's not too bad overall, I'm sure there'll be an App Review coming soon by TNWBB too.

Where Stagecoach? Nothing on it.!!!
(06/05/2014 16:44)326VFM Wrote:  Where Stagecoach? Nothing on it.!!!

They use different machines to A2B Travel, Arriva, Avon Buses, Cumfybus and Huyton Travel as they all have Wayfarer ticket machines partly funded by Merseytravel whereas Stagecoach don't.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Is the withdrawal of the 138/139 (Meols - Newton Circular) , 197 (Woodside - Noctorum Circular) and 213 (Birkenhead - Arrowe Park) on the 4th July , followed by the 187 (Liverpool South Parkway - Childwall )on the 27th July and the 150 (Liverpool - Birkenhead Night Tunnel Bus) on the 3rd August the start of budgetary cuts by Merseytravel.
(22/05/2014 11:33)wirralbus Wrote:  Is the withdrawal of the 138/139 (Meols - Newton Circular) , 197 (Woodside - Noctorum Circular) and 213 (Birkenhead - Arrowe Park) on the 4th July , followed by the 187 (Liverpool South Parkway - Childwall )on the 27th July and the 150 (Liverpool - Birkenhead Night Tunnel Bus) on the 3rd August the start of budgetary cuts by Merseytravel.
Apart from the 187 (which seems to be a quiet service, so no surprise as to why it's being withdrawn), no. The 138/139/150/197/213 have more-or-less been replaced by commercial services, hence why Merseytravel have stopped subsidising them.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
The following is being displayed on the Merseytravel website and has been for about two maybe three weeks now , any further information on the reason :

Routes 214 and 216 in Liverpool
Due to operational difficulties, evening buses on Routes 214 and 216 won't be serving Lorenzo Drive until further notice.
(10/10/2014 20:03)wirralbus Wrote:  The following is being displayed on the Merseytravel website and has been for about two maybe three weeks now , any further information on the reason :

Routes 214 and 216 in Liverpool
Due to operational difficulties, evening buses on Routes 214 and 216 won't be serving Lorenzo Drive until further notice.

Heard its due to construction work taking place in the area. Also one of Ace travels Optare Solos reportedly had two windows smashed with bricks around there.
It seems that from 18th January there was a change to the fare charged on Merseytravel supported bus services . Adults are now £1.50 and Children £0.70 , according to Merseytravel each supported journey costs more than £2.00 a passenger to operate , meaning that the fare charged is subsidised significantly.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)