Current time: 19/04/2024, 16:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel PTE
Merseytravel PTE
No section on the forum really, dedicated specifically to Merseytravel PTE, so guess it'll have to go here for now!

Anyway, it has been revealed that Merseytravel will LOSE £120million over the next 30 years just on the rent of their new offices at Mann Island.

Apparently they have 4 completely empty floors, so the question is:

1) Why don't they move the Mersey Ferry HQ there instead of Seacombe? They only need 1 floor. Instead they pay rent somewhere else.

2) Why have they kept Hatton Garden in their portfolio?

3) Why aren't they encouraging the likes of Merseyrail to move there instead of Rail House? They use 3 x smaller floors in Rail House at the moment, so could provide some incentive for Merseyrail to move there, especially as they are a bit short of space at RH. Merseyrail could be paying similar rent to Merseytravel instead of Sanderson Wetherall.

Then, voila, Rail, Road and Ferry HQ all under one roof, no empty floors, and they may even break even with the rent!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Merseytravel PTE
Why did Merseytravel take on such a building and leave themselves in such debt , guess what its all us Council Tax payers that will end up paying for that red herring of a building in the long run.

I cant see why they cant move the Mersey ferries operation over but it wouldnt even fill up a floor i reckon , they dont use much space asit is at Seacombe .

Merseyrail i think have themselves bound up in a contract for the length of the concession at Rail House .

Maybe in 2028 Merseytravel wont exist probably replaced by a North West England Transport Agency (NWETA).
What a night tonight, not only are the trains off between Liverpool and Wirral, the Birkenhead tunnel is shut too for resurfacing!
(13/01/2013 20:59)N301 CKB Wrote:  What a night tonight, not only are the trains off between Liverpool and Wirral, the Birkenhead tunnel is shut too for resurfacing!

Seems Merseytravel are in a league of there own when it comes to making a prize ass of themselves , Merseytravel have known the dates of the work for a bit of time , it doesnt take much for them to have altered the timetable for this work seeing as the Mersey-tunnels are the only means of crossing the river , unless you are jesus Laugh 2
(13/01/2013 21:36)wirralbus Wrote:  
(13/01/2013 20:59)N301 CKB Wrote:  What a night tonight, not only are the trains off between Liverpool and Wirral, the Birkenhead tunnel is shut too for resurfacing!

Seems Merseytravel are in a league of there own when it comes to making a prize ass of themselves , Merseytravel have known the dates of the work for a bit of time , it doesnt take much for them to have altered the timetable for this work seeing as the Mersey-tunnels are the only means of crossing the river , unless you are jesus Laugh 2

People will have to take a Ferry 'Cross the Mersey, much to Gerry Marsden's delight!LOL
Only problem is that the Ferries don't run in the evenings.
Birkenhead tunnel is nearly complete after the resurfacing of the road. Just a shame they have decided to put those mini bumps on all the lines (not just the middle as it used to be) meaning the bus now hits them on every corner.
As this is a catch all thread for Merseytravel related items , any idea when the Mersey Tunnel increase was implemented from.
(19/04/2013 11:15)wirralbus Wrote:  As this is a catch all thread for Merseytravel related items , any idea when the Mersey Tunnel increase was implemented from.

Think it was the beginning of the month, maybe 1st April as I used the tunnels on that day and it had gone up, judging by the odd driver that was delayed having to get more money out after not realising that they had changed as well.
Yeah it was the 1st April, as I went through the staffed booth to get change from a £2 coin, I got given a £1 coin and 5x 20p, then I clicked on when I put it in the bucket!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)