Current time: 18/04/2024, 20:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hillsborough
RE: Hillsborough
(23/10/2012 10:23)Mal Wrote:  All I ask is that anyone with any involvement in Hillsborough is forced - not asked but forced - to appear and stand trial if necessary.

Mal

Defendants are summoned to present themselves at court in the english criminal system to be dealt with.

However, I suspect there will be a considerable number of retired coppers claiming they are unfit to stand trial. Similarly with those that fabricated statements to cover-up the police brutality at the Orgreave coking plant that triggered the miners strike.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/10/2012 18:27)DVL418 Wrote:  
(23/10/2012 10:23)Mal Wrote:  All I ask is that anyone with any involvement in Hillsborough is forced - not asked but forced - to appear and stand trial if necessary.

Mal

Defendants are summoned to present themselves at court in the english criminal system to be dealt with.

However, I suspect there will be a considerable number of retired coppers claiming they are unfit to stand trial. Similarly with those that fabricated statements to cover-up the police brutality at the Orgreave coking plant that triggered the miners strike.

Thinks at this rate that the Ministry for Justice might have to set aside a Crown Court solely to deal with South Yorkshire Police a major problem in an already packed court system .

What you may find is that the CPS will go for the higher ranking police officers see if they can get a case to stick against them and come back for the lower ranking ones later.

Dont forget with Orgreave we are now talking about 28 years elapsing .

We had institutional racism with the met police is it institutional corruption at south yorkshire police.
(23/10/2012 18:56)wirralbus Wrote:  
(23/10/2012 18:27)DVL418 Wrote:  

Mal

Thinks at this rate that the Ministry for Justice might have to set aside a Crown Court solely to deal with South Yorkshire Police a major problem in an already packed court system .

What you may find is that the CPS will go for the higher ranking police officers see if they can get a case to stick against them and come back for the lower ranking ones later.

Dont forget with Orgreave we are now talking about 28 years elapsing .

We had institutional racism with the met police is it institutional corruption at south yorkshire police.

I know lads from both sides that were at Orgreave and the police were allowed to run amok that day safe in the knowledge that there would be no comeback as the courts and media had both been 'sorted' so nothing contradicting the government's propaganda lies would ever make it into the public domain. Its been a long wait, but after Hillsborough the lid is now off what the police got away with pre-PACE
The Panorama programme about Hillsborough last night does not seem to have a good word at all about the establishment , calling it the biggest cover up going .

It seems the establishment had got to the South Yorkshire Coroner and that is how he came up with those inquest verdicts , based on floored evidence give to him .

Why was Lord Justice Taylor allowing South Yorkshire Police to do there own statements when most people would realise this is a recipe for doctored statements to be put in to replace controversial statements by some South Yorkshire Police Officers.

Lets roll on and lets get these new Inquests and finally the families will get some closure something they havent been able to do yet.
Something that just seemed to be missed recently is that the Hillsborough Inquest's will be held in Warrington in 2014 at a venue to be decided still.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)