Current time: 18/05/2024, 05:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseypride
Merseypride
If you haven't seen allready, Coach DHZ6774 has been involved in an accident, killing the driver amongst others.

BBC Story
BBC Story 2, with video

I've had the coach a few times on my school trips when I was at SFX. I echo the words of the company, it is clearly a devistating accident, not only for the small business, but the family and friends of the driver and passengers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Merseypride
Coach reported as having more passengers than legally permitted, (although no detail given), and that investigators are focusing on the company's "medical" standards for drivers...
do we know how many passengers it was ment to have had? i think there was 52 on board but then the driver made it 53

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/09/2012 08:47)bolton bus basher Wrote:  do we know how many passengers it was ment to have had? i think there was 52 on board but then the driver made it 53

Pretty much what I've just read!

Quote:The vehicle seats 52 people, including the driver. But Surrey Police have said 53 people were involved and the number of passengers on board would form part of their inquiry.

Although the manager is "insisting" otherwise.

Quote:He also insisted there would not have been more than 51 passengers on board. He and his company offered their “heartfelt sympathy” to the families of all those involved.

Worst case is 2 extra people... you have to wonder whether the ones that perished could have been stood up/hanging off a seat... also interesting to see whether people had their seat belts on! How many people in their early/mid 20s, coming back from a festival will have worn one?
not good for them at all that, this is why there are limits to people you can have on a bus/coach and this is just going to start anger, anyways thanks for your information

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(12/09/2012 09:50)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The coach will be impounded, then scrapped.

Merseypride wouldnt have the money to repair an elderly structural damaged coach, especially if they are found to be at fault for the accident.

Who would even want to try and repair/carry on using, let alone buy, a coach involved in something like this??
Knowing 3 people had died within a few meters of your seat.... :/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...uries.html
Bit more info plus images, typical Daily Mail posting images that nobody else would due to the fact there has been fatalities.
As said best not speculating till the official report comes out. Driver could of had an underlying medical condition or something went wrong with the coach.
Thoughts are with all affected at this sad time
(12/09/2012 11:11)bolton bus basher Wrote:  16 years old is old for a public coach truthfully, its a shame it happened but one cant help but wonder how it happened and could it of been prevented

He does have a point though. Anyway this is still a dreadful time for family and friends involved.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Theres loads and loads of coaches used around 15-20 years old, they last a lot longer than buses and are in fine working order.
There are 51 seats on board, plus crew seat and driver which = 53... how many were injured? 50. How many died? 3? So it wasnt overloaded.
So can we stop with stupid speculation.
This virtually confirms the driver had a heart attack, according to witnesses who had been behind the coach...
http://news.sky.com/story/984147/bestiva...art-attack

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)