Current time: 29/03/2024, 07:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dublin Bus
Dublin Bus
Seems that the first AV class deckers (Volvo B7TL/ALX400) from Dublin Bus are being withdrawn for sale.....have heard that Ensign *might* be buying at least some of them......

A goof forum for Irish bus news below!
http://irishtransport.yuku.com/forums/73...EjLb41lS88

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Dublin Bus
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It highlights some of the new GT double-deckers due, which are more Volvo B9TL-Geminis. These will be the first new vehicles for Dublin Bus since 2009 and should see the final Olympians withdrawn. When I went there last year I noticed how most if not all Dublin Bus stock dated from 1999-2009.
Anybody any news on fleet updates for Dublinbus?
(15/09/2013 20:17)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Anybody any news on fleet updates for Dublinbus?
As I have literally just come back from Dublin today, I can tell you that Olympians are extinct, well extinct with Dublin Bus, plenty running on tours and with private operators.
Artics are extinct as well.
The new dual Door Volvo B9T/Wrights appear to have bodywork that is near identical to London specification - long staircases etc, (can anyone confirm?)however the dual doors are little used by many drivers which means passengers still try to exit from the front, some drivers use the centre doors at busy City Centre stops only.
Yeah been over quite recently. I have to say all of the buses appear in great condition...

Have you been on the 747 Airport bus to the city centre?
Is it common to see a Dublin Bus Alx400 VolvoB7TL in Birkenhead? I saw two yesterday by pure chance as I was outside Hamilton Square station making my way to Liverpool. I asked an enthusiast on the same train as me if he knew anything of it. He had seen one yesterday but not two. AV291 had 'Entering Service' on its desty.

AV291 03-D-20291
AV293 03-D-20293
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/10/2017 05:36)RedPanda Wrote:  Is it common to see a Dublin Bus Alx400 VolvoB7TL in Birkenhead? I saw two yesterday by pure chance as I was outside Hamilton Square station making my way to Liverpool. I asked an enthusiast on the same train as me if he knew anything of it. He had seen one yesterday but not two. AV291 had 'Entering Service' on its desty.

AV291 03-D-20291
AV293 03-D-20293

Seen photos of both at Bus & Tram Show at Birkenhead yesterday one had 'New Ferry 464' randomly on blinds
(02/10/2017 07:27)E208 WBG Wrote:  Seen photos of both at Bus & Tram Show at Birkenhead yesterday one had 'New Ferry 464' randomly on blinds

That thought popped into my head with them being so close to the event. Another was a coach tour and was on their way for the passengers and then ferry back to Ireland.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)